Superbird; Superprice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NomDeBoom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oops...my Bird flew the coop.
As I was sayin'; "Back in the '70s.......This....
1717263882280.png

VS: Last Tuesday, at 4:40 PM......THIS-https://classiccars.com/listings/find/1970/plymouth/superbird
'Spoiler' Alert; Some of these crazy things are OVER 3/4 M $'s in 'Biden Bucks' now.
& gas ain't no .1/4$ a G anymore neither!

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There used to be a Dodge or Plymouth dealer at 11th and Harvard many years ago. I remember my Dad would always drive that direction when I went to work with him on Saturdays. They had a bunch or Daytona or Super birds that sat there a long time. They were not that popular around here back in the day. $4300 back then was a bunch of money.

NomDeBoom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There used to be a Dodge or Plymouth dealer at 11th and Harvard many years ago. I remember my Dad would always drive that direction when I went to work with him on Saturdays. They had a bunch or Daytona or Super birds that sat there a long time. They were not that popular around here back in the day. $4300 back then was a bunch of money.
That woulda been 2 new Chevy pickups. I paid $16fifty for my Austin Healey mk 3 and $20 gold double eagles were about 3/$200. I miss America.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I distinctly remember in 1970 the newspapers had ads of a 1970 Chevrolet Impala with auto transmission, a/c etc for $3,300.00

NomDeBoom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I remember people paying $25K (or less) for REALly nice realEstates- Adobe House/Guest House/Big Pool/Corner Lot.....Seems like we all had bucks too burn back then too.
We're now in the WORST Eeeeek!CON-o-me Life, & those 'in charge' can't change their own Pampers,
can't define 'Woman', & think toddlers are for 'dating'.
Know why they banned Hemp?
Yeah, 'cuz it's the Rope preferred by 9 out of 10 Professional Hangmen!

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
FYI the Superbird had a different front end than the Daytona Charger. The Daytona was 4 mph faster than the Superbird on top end. If I remember correctly Bobby Issac set a closed course record of a 220mph lap at Talladega that stood for 19 years including all forms of racing. I believe the Hemi was available in both cars.

Latest posts

Top Bottom