Suppressors for Hunting in OK

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vdub

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
sorry boys, we roundtabled this yesterday at the alcohol-fueled bbq smokeout and beerfest, and the concensus among the boys was that suppressors are for poachers and people that don't wanna be caught shootin' where they're shootin'. i live on a large piece of rural property, and i wanna know if someone is shootin' on the adjoining properties. there are way too many careless people with guns that don't care how and which direction they shoot, or what they hit, and if they're shootin' close to me i wanna know it. i shoot all the time, mostly huntin' armadillos, and my neighbors know it.
on the other hand, if the end of the world comes, we're gonna want supressors also. but today, i don't care which way this legislation goes, i can live with it either way.

In your post there are several misconceptions and inaccuracies that have been addressed over and over and have proven to be false. I suggest you might want to read some of the links posted above to realize that your "roundtable" is increasingly in the minority. This is where I am glad your voice is yours and the rest of the responsible gun owners and hunters have their's.

As people are realizing the misconceptions and lies that have been used against suppressors in the past are not true, regulations have been changed in lots of states. Maybe you will read up on the facts then educate the rest of the members of your "roundtable". Using your logic, we should ban bows and crossbows since you cannot hear people shooting them either.

vdub

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i'm disappointed, i expected responses like this, but i was lookin' for somethin' interesting and original.

Obvious troll is obvious?!?!? No doubt!

Why don't you take the trolling back to GD? Some of us are trying to further our rights in the state. Besides all the original material has already been used millions of times on people with your "roundtable's" views.

MLR

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
sorry boys, we roundtabled this yesterday at the alcohol-fueled bbq smokeout and beerfest, and the concensus among the boys was that suppressors are for poachers and people that don't wanna be caught shootin' where they're shootin'. i live on a large piece of rural property, and i wanna know if someone is shootin' on the adjoining properties. there are way too many careless people with guns that don't care how and which direction they shoot, or what they hit, and if they're shootin' close to me i wanna know it. i shoot all the time, mostly huntin' armadillos, and my neighbors know it.
on the other hand, if the end of the world comes, we're gonna want supressors also. but today, i don't care which way this legislation goes, i can live with it either way.
Personally I don't want to hear the noise my neighbor makes. I'd rather enjoy the peace and quiet instead of his firearms, loud bikes or lawnmower races. I cannot imagine actually wanting to hear a neighbor shooting all day long at his backyard range he has legally set up to shoot at.

I would love to have you for a neighbor. Most around here complain about the noise of constant gun fire.

Michael

M

Matt Basterson

this was fun, but i'm movin' on to other topics. my work is done here.

MLR: you would like to have me for a neighbor, you could fish my ponds and help me slaughter armadillos. loudly, of course.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
i'm disappointed, i expected responses like this, but i was lookin' for somethin' interesting and original.

That goes both ways.

The argument you made sounds exactly like the argument made by the old fudds that didn't want AR-15s to be legal because the only people who would want one of them over the good 'ol lever .30-30 are up to no good. Boring, unoriginal, and certainly not interesting. And written like it came from a backwoods fudd too.

Why should we bother coming up with something "interesting and original"?

I'll settle for sound and logical any day, which most of the pro-suppressor arguments are. It's the anti-gun-rights... oops, I mean, anti-suppressor arguments that are dramatic and fear mongering.

Latest posts

Top Bottom