Supreme Court backs Hobby Lobby

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Employment Division vs Smith and the RFRA came about because if peyote. The case had a much larger meaning than peyote.

Just like this one does.

This ain't about a heavy dose of progestin. At least the implications ain't. SCOTUS rulings mean quite a bit here.

There is some irony that Indians getting peyote paved the way for corporations becoming people.

Don't like corporations taking advantage of a loophole? Close the loophole. Try harder.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We didn't make this screwy system they're using. When you attempt to force everyone to adhere to a narrow agenda, don't be surprised when people use whatever loopholes they can to squirm out of it. Look at it this way, HL could've done far more than they did. They actually used some judgement in where to draw the line. Besides, Patron Saint Bill Clinton is the one that signed the law they used against Obama. Poetic justice if you ask me. :)

Yup. Like I said, irony in the RFRA being used here. Another case of people not thinking about the implications of actions.

Just like the WOOHOO Hobby Lobby crowd today. This case will likely come back to haunt them.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yup. Like I said, irony in the RFRA being used here. Another case of people not thinking about the implications of actions.

Just like the WOOHOO Hobby Lobby crowd today. This case will likely come back to haunt them.

Let it. None of these laws should've been passed in the first place. The only law Congress doesn't like is the law of unintended consequences. :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom