Supreme Court backs Hobby Lobby

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We've had guys on here before complaining about the doctor from their employer sponsored health insurance asked them a private question.
"Do you have any firearms in your house?"

I haven't seen any of them quit a job over it yet tho.

Exactly. And it's the same thing with employees of Hobby Lobby. If they can't live without post sex contraceptives they will find other jobs or pony up the money out of pocket or raise a child.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We've had guys on here before complaining about the doctor from their employer sponsored health insurance asked them a private question.

Bwahaha. If you're complaining about a thing conservatives like, you're a "whiner".

Complain about something the left did, you're an outspoken patriot.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Exactly. And it's the same thing with employees of Hobby Lobby. If they can't live without post sex contraceptives they will find other jobs or pony up the money out of pocket or raise a child.
LOL, you completely missed the point.
Should an employer have the right to demand information about your firearms ownership?

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

A very good point. Imagine the outrage if someone's company decided to declare as Quaker and refused to cover anyone who owned a gun.

Dr: Dow'd you get that UTI
Patient: well, i sinned

Dr: that is sad to hear, i don't think your employer will cover this bottle of pills to fix you.
Patient: I understand, i don't want to offend their morals

Dr: oh, well, do you happen to own any firearms
Patient: THAT IS NONE OF YOUR F**KING BUSINESS

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Do you believe there should be any governmental regulation of private enterprise?

That's a tough question - short answer is no.
That being said, laws concerning minimum wage, worker safety, OT, some of those things are certainly decent. But, it's kinda like having cops - yeah, we want police to arrest thieves, but we don't want them intruding on our rights. Hard to have one without the other.

Minimum wage is law. OT is governed by law. Do we want health insurance governed/mandated as well? I don't.
The gov just gets bigger and more intrusive - that's its nature.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
LOL, you completely missed the point.
Should an employer have the right to demand information about your firearms ownership?

Well you can thank your lucky stars that your employer does not have access to your health care records. It's a HIPAA thing. Kind of like your employer doesn't know how you contracted a UTI, they just predetermine if they will pay to treat UTIs.

I don't think that anyone is concerned that their employer knows if they own guns, it's the government that mandated that question.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well you can thank your lucky stars that your employer does not have access to your health care records. It's a HIPAA thing. Kind of like your employer doesn't know how you contracted a UTI, they just predetermine if they will pay to treat UTIs.

I don't think that anyone is concerned that their employer knows if they own guns, it's the government that mandated that question.
Not exactly

http://www.hhs.gov/ocr/privacy/hipaa/understanding/consumers/employers.html

Now, does the employer have a right to ask questions about your firearms ownership?

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Latest posts

Top Bottom