Supreme Court backs Hobby Lobby

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you, as an employee, found out that the boss of your 'moral' company was having an affair, should you be able to sue them for any denied compensation?

What if the company fires you a week before you're to be paid a retention bonus, simply because they don't want to pay money owed to you. Does that seem moral?

If the company acts in a way that violates its own stated religious beliefs, what should happen?

Do all moral positions need to be laid out before you begin working for a company or can they spring them upon you at any time during employment? Can those moral principles be updated and amended like Terms of Service or are they inflexible?

"Surprise, we don't support you mixing dairy and meat after all, you're fired"

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
by that logic couldn't one say "if you don't like the government's rules for running a business, don't open one" (or in this case, close one)?

Also, you're saying you'd be totally fine with having to go into human resources and explain to HR why you needed treatment for a UTI so that they could determine if they'd cover the costs of treatment?

No I wouldn't be comfortable with that. If that were the case I would OPT OUT OF MY EMPLOYER'S PLAN AND OBTAIN MY COVERAGE ELSEWHERE. I am under no obligation to accept the plan offered by my employer.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
by that logic couldn't one say "if you don't like the government's rules for running a business, don't open one" (or in this case, close one)?

Also, you're saying you'd be totally fine with having to go into human resources and explain to HR why you needed treatment for a UTI so that they could determine if they'd cover the costs of treatment?

Yes, that's exactly what I said. And yes, that's the logic...
Or you could simply do business without the government's intrusion. If we're gonna have Uncle Sam dictate every aspect of business, right down to health insurance, why not just say ^%$ it and let the government do all of the administration?

As for the recourse about hiring immoral people according to the business.....
What do most companies do when they find out an employee lied to get hired?

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No I wouldn't be comfortable with that. If that were the case I would OPT OUT OF MY EMPLOYER'S PLAN AND OBTAIN MY COVERAGE ELSEWHERE. I am under no obligation to accept the plan offered by my employer.

So the choice is answer our questions about your sex life, quit, or pay upwards of $1400 (or whatever your costs might be) a year more for your own health coverage?

All because they want to determine if your UTI was from sex with your wife or sex with another person (if it was from sex at all)?

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes, that's exactly what I said. And yes, that's the logic...
Or you could simply do business without the government's intrusion. If we're gonna have Uncle Sam dictate every aspect of business, right down to health insurance, why not just say ^%$ it and let the government do all of the administration?

As for the recourse about hiring immoral people according to the business.....
What do most companies do when they find out an employee lied to get hired?

I'm no fan of the ACA, but it does seem like a single (govt.) payer health system would quickly fix this birth control nonsense.

As for your question. Sure, companies do fire people for lying all the time. But the question, how do you know what the company's morals are so you can avoid offending them?

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So the choice is answer our questions about your sex life, quit, or pay upwards of $1400 (or whatever your costs might be) a year more for your own health coverage?

All because they want to determine if your UTI was from sex with your wife or sex with another person (if it was from sex at all)?

Yes. My health privacy is worth that much to me.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can't give birth so I never have had an opinion on this. But I do have a question; why aren't any of the women members posting on this thread? I mainly just see guys going at each other. I am truly curious as to why the females don't post on this.

You mean all two of the active women posters?

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

We've had guys on here before complaining about the doctor from their employer sponsored health insurance asked them a private question.
"Do you have any firearms in your house?"

I haven't seen any of them quit a job over it yet tho.

Latest posts

Top Bottom