Sure, we live in a "post-racial" America

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don't run away, now that we understand your handle we will be the first to stand up for you. Hell, I've been banned and perma-banned more than any member on the board and I'm still here under my original identity. I express controversial opinions that many members hate, but it's important to the success of the forum for members to express differing opinions. Just like in this thread, there must be 50 different opinions of what is and isn't racists. We can't all be apologists for being white males.

Well, seriously - I hate to see 0311 leave, but apparently he felt he was being accused of something, he didn't want to add fuel to the fire. I've asked him some advice a couple of times, he's been very helpful, and from what I can tell is a really decent guy.

That said, not everyone likes to put up with the internet BS, and would rather go quietly, rather than be a lightening rod for attention. I hope whatever he chooses to do makes him happy, and I hope he gets all of his "issues" lined out.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I also think 0311 should stay as-is. He made a mistake in his wording once upon a time, big effing deal. He's a good guy, maybe a bit eccentric, but not a rank-and-filer, either, which is good.

As for the screen name, 0311 is something to be proud of. Just because some dipshits associate it with the Klowns, who gives a shite? As someone said above we will be the first to stand up for it now that we know what it means. I never did, on either side (the 0311=Infantry or the 311=KKK). But again... screen names often have some deeper hidden meaning and alot of people won't ever get it - who the **** cares? 99% of the people here don't have a clue what my screen name means to ME, and I don't care to explain it to them. They can make any inference they want about it. Oh well... if they judge me based on their own incorrect assumptions or whatever, I don't give a damn.

Lord knows, I've made my share of mistakes over the years and continue to do so... when I need to own up and apologize I will, but it is what it is. I'm a person, they're people. You're a person.

**** 'em, man. You don't need to go anywhere.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, seriously - I hate to see 0311 leave, but apparently he felt he was being accused of something, he didn't want to add fuel to the fire. I've asked him some advice a couple of times, he's been very helpful, and from what I can tell is a really decent guy.

That said, not everyone likes to put up with the internet BS, and would rather go quietly, rather than be a lightening rod for attention. I hope whatever he chooses to do makes him happy, and I hope he gets all of his "issues" lined out.

Agreed... I took myself a little OSA hiatus once, I think for about 6 months. It did me some good.

I left Facebook about 8 months ago and it's been great. Once in a while I think about getting back on there to get back in touch with some of my old friends... but I'm really better off staying away. At least for the moment.

Step away, refresh yourself if you need to... but hell, man, 0311 is part of your identity and it's NOTHING to be ashamed of. If and when you come back, come back as yourself, not as someone new because of some keyboard commando ********. It's not like you're MDP or some crap. You're a person, who may have made a mistake here once (I haven't bothered to go back and read something months old because I don't give a **** about it), not a troll who's been baiting people or whatever.

Be you, not someone else.

Dr. HK

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
By law it will also have this listed:

http://www.dol.gov/compliance/laws/comp-vevraa.htm

OVERVIEW

The Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA) requires covered federal government contractors and subcontractors to take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment specified categories of veterans protected by the Act and prohibits discrimination against such veterans. In addition, VEVRAA requires contractors and subcontractors to list their employment openings with the appropriate employment service delivery system, and that covered veterans receive priority in referral to such openings. Further, VEVRAA requires federal contractors and subcontractors to compile and submit annually a report on the number of current employees who are covered veterans. The affirmative action and mandatory job-listing provisions of VEVRAA are enforced by the Employment Standards Administration's Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) within the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL). DOL’s Veterans’ Employment and Training Service (VETS) administers the veterans’ employment reporting requirement.

It encompasses every Veteran that served in Vietnam, and Veterans that were in direct support of the conflict.
It covers every Veteran, not just minorities that served, hence my reference to white people are eligible.
I've had to sign a waiver twice when changing jobs that asks if I want to take advantage of the law. Of course, I refused.

WOW this is a HUGE stretch to reference this to white people.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All this over a sign......

It's funny, the people who think my threads are asinine can't help but open them. Hell, they can't help but post in them for page after page.

The sign stands. My original point stands. I brought an issue to the table that I have personal interest in, hoping to spur duscuddion and thought about it. I apologized to 0311 because he earned and deserved an apology from me. Seems he accepted it. As for the rest of you - especially you - you deserve nothing but a warning to put me on your ignore lists if the content I post is that upsetting to you and you can't control yourself when it comes to giving me the attention you clearly don't think I deserve. For how many pages now?

Dr. HK

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You should get your moderator on board when people make directly negative comments about Hispanics, instead of defending them.
Once you call them out on it she locks the thread to keep you from calling them out. Then you call her out for having a bias, she goes off on some sort of feminist rant.

ranted I do not read every thread posted here, however I have never seen anyone post negative comments about hispanics. Unless you view illegal aliens and such as a negative comment. Though that is not just a term for hispanics but other people as well.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe we're afraid if you don't get the attention you seek you may hurt yourself.

I get enough attention from prettier girls than you. I assure you I'll be fine.

Whose we? Got a mouse in your pocket? It's mainly just you acting like this in this thread, Ted. At this point - it's *only* you. Don't be afraid to stand alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom