Sure, we live in a "post-racial" America

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Agreed. If they don't understandd that 0311 is USMC infantry, well... **** em if they can't take a joke.

And if someone posts racist stuff and gets called out and can't take it - well... **** em if they don't have thicker skin (and that's honestly no offense to 0311, but there is no reason to run off over any post in this thread).

Seriously, RH's point wasn't to start a bashing session, but to point out what is vs. what people feel comfortable with calling it (lot of folks posts in this thread sound like some PC ******** if I've ever heard it). If you say something along the lines of "I'm not racist, but" and it's followed by anything similar to "I don't want my daughter dating one of them", then don't try to re-define what racist is - just own it.

It's as frustrating to me as the "assault weapon" argument. Folks should stop trying to redefine something to make themselves feel better.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And if someone posts racist stuff and gets called out and can't take it - well... **** em if they don't have thicker skin (and that's honestly no offense to 0311, but there is no reason to run off over any post in this thread).

Seriously, RH's point wasn't to start a bashing session, but to point out what is vs. what people feel comfortable with calling it (lot of folks posts in this thread sound like some PC ******** if I've ever heard it). If you say something along the lines of "I'm not racist, but" and it's followed by anything similar to "I don't want my daughter dating one of them", then don't try to re-define what racist is - just own it.

It's as frustrating to me as the "assault weapon" argument. Folks should stop trying to redefine something to make themselves feel better.

No more secret decoder rings?

media.giphy.com_media_kdpDNdzCO3HnW_giphy.gif

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some of y'all may think too many OSA people are down on blacks, or hispanics, or homos, or trannys, or even liberals, but one thing I have learned from this thread is that hippies are the group that faces by far the most discrimination in our little community here. They are almost universally hated, and it is considered perfectly acceptable to say anything whatsoever about them, no matter how derogatory. It's OK I suppose... having a common enemy can help with group cohesiveness and motivation in accomplishing what is necessary for the survival of our kind and our way of life... right?

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks EZ. I guess I'm too harsh for some of the new, feminized, PC right.

I'm loudmouth with these 'liberal' opinions, my main hobby is hunting, and I work in fab shops for a living. I've been called worse. Ain't nobody here gonna make me cry in my Cheerios. I'll buy TedKennedy some new milk for his, say a few Our Fathers, and hope St. Pete likes the watch I sent him. Hopefully I'm absolved.

I've posted under this name for 6 years, been here for 8. Some of ya'll need perspective. It's only a discussion board.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I guess it's just as frustrating when my definition of "hate" or "racist" is different than someone else's. Not sure how the views I've expressed here would equate to some of the BS from the KKK, but some folks may think it is. If I say nothing, then my silence could be taken as agreement.
So I'll "own" my thoughts and views, like'em or not. Just because *****says something is the equivalent of the KKK, does not make it so.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some of y'all may think too many OSA people are down on blacks, or hispanics, or homos, or trannys, or even liberals, but one thing I have learned from this thread is that hippies are the group that faces by far the most discrimination in our little community here. They are almost universally hated, and it is considered perfectly acceptable to say anything whatsoever about them, no matter how derogatory. It's OK I suppose... having a common enemy can help with group cohesiveness and motivation in accomplishing what is necessary for the survival of our kind and our way of life... right?

I dig hippies, it's those damn hipsters that are destroying society.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess it's just as frustrating when my definition of "hate" or "racist" is different than someone else's. Not sure how the views I've expressed here would equate to some of the BS from the KKK, but some folks may think it is. If I say nothing, then my silence could be taken as agreement.
So I'll "own" my thoughts and views, like'em or not. Just because *****says something is the equivalent of the KKK, does not make it so.

Yes, it's almost as frustrating as Ad hominem (has the word "hate" even been typed in this thread yet?)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom