Sure, we live in a "post-racial" America

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
To be fair, dirty hippies can bathe, shave and cut their hair, then put on decent clothes. People of other races, ethnicities and orientations can't exactly do that to fit into the expectations of some who judge them by those charachteristics. Being a dirty hippie is a concious choice.

Personally I find it easier to hate everyone equally. That way no one feels singled out or left out. Everyone's feelings are weighed and dismissed fairly and equitably.

True... but negative racial stigmas are generally associated with behavior as well, and can also be refuted by engaging in positive behavior... kind of like how Chinese folks were discriminated against badly when they got to the U.S., so they responded by helping other Chinese, taking care of their families, fostering good moral values and a strong work ethic, learning how to fit in well with the dominant culture, making really good food :spaghetti: (<< it looks like sweet and sour pork and lo mein if you use a little imagination), and beat the discrimination by showing themselves to be, by and large, good civilized people.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So Ridgehunter what does your black friends have to say about it?

My canoeing/kayak buddy's best friend/former roommate is a black dude we've known forever. He won't ever go with us to camp or float over there. Granted that's mainly because he's black and he's scared of water and what he calls cold weather, which is all but two months a year to him. Sometimes stereotypes are accurate. :D

Have you ever talked to them about the Black Panthers?

I mainly hear about black panthers on OSA. People see them crossing roads in their headlights, and hear them screaming like women during deer season.

Last edited:

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
RidgeHunter said:
I mainly here about black panthers on OSA. People see them crossing roads in their headlights, and hear them screaming like women during deer season.

Bobcats man bobcats

ttown

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My canoeing/kayak buddy's best friend/former roommate is a black dude we've known forever. He won't ever go with us to camp or float over there. Granted that's mainly because he's black and he's scared of water and what he calls cold weather, which is all but two months a year to him. Sometimes stereotypes are accurate. :D

I mainly here about black panthers on OSA. People see them crossing roads in their headlights, and hear them screaming like women during deer season.

That's what I expected you have a black friend and want to joke about another group just as bad but they aren't your color so you want to be all PC all of the sudden. There's a lot of ills in the world that everyone wants to condem but aren't willing to seek and change.

Cavedweller

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm as diverse as they come. I dated a black girl it went well until I took her home to meet the clan. Also dated a hippie chick with dreadlocks, I never got around to seeing if the carpet matched the drapes though. Express your disappointment about that here. My 1mth old daughter has a cool lesbian hairdo going on right now and there's nothing wrong with that. I believe OJ and Michael Jackson are innocent. I get it about Ryan Gosling, he is a good looking man. I've never watched Roots, but I've seen a buttload of Reading Rainbows. I watch Girls on HBO, not out of spite either. I never say the word "***" without adding "retard" in front of it, you know to soften the word. My mom is a hippie, she was recycling and using the co-op before it was cool. I can say call hippies "hippies" b/c I had to eat unsweeted peanut butter my mom would buy from said co-op hippies. Anyway love and hate everyone equally.

Hearts n' farts,
Cavedweller

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dang it, I was trying to find a pic of the George Wallace bumper sticker on my truck but couldn't find it.

This thread needs more pics, RH, let's see your legs!

One for you and one for S4F.

[Broken External Image]

photos.smugmug.com_Other_2013_Film_Shots_Pt_II_i_kL28kCg_0_L_73030032_L.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's what I expected you have a black friend and want to joke about another group just as bad but they aren't your color so you want to be all PC all of the sudden. There's a lot of ills in the world that everyone wants to condem but aren't willing to seek and change.

I'm about as far from PC as it comes. I've never claimed to be, and anyone who knows me in real life knows that. I condemn hate groups and political rhetoric I find to be defamatory. I find the two to be separate issues.

Example: That Klan billboard is racist. Louis CKs extended bit on the "n-word" is not.

I'm a little more PC here because the way I speak in real life pushes/breaks the rules of this site.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good tune by CDB, I kinda like "The South's Gonna Do it Again",myself. (better than "the Devil Went Down to Georgia" - that got old fast)

I'm glad you're not PC, RH. I act really PC in real life, but here on the internet is where my true colors show through....

I guess I'm not offended by the billboard, and you are, and that's fine. I'm not paying for it, and I assume neither are you, so I ain't gonna get too upset over it either way. Freedom of speech and all that.

ttown

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm about as far from PC as it comes. I've never claimed to be, and anyone who knows me in real life knows that. I condemn hate groups and political rhetoric I find to be defamatory. I find the two to be separate issues.

Example: That Klan billboard is racist. Louis CKs extended bit on the "n-word" is not.

I'm a little more PC here because the way I speak in real life pushes/breaks the rules of this site.

Two seperate issues huh? I guess standing outside of voting site with clubs driving off voters last election and threating to kill whites by their leadership is much different than what the KKK does huh?

Let me clue you in, I've gone home to black women for 8 years and we're tried of both sides of this BS.
Watch what you say to your kids they're listening.

Actually I get onto black kids all the time for using the N word, that's part of the problem too. I guess you wouldn't see an issue of them calling their kids that and throwing aroun f bombs either, oh well I do. I tell them I don't want to hear it, it's not cute.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom