Sure, we live in a "post-racial" America

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't confuse racism with segregation by choice. Not saying racism isn't alive and well, just that most people are more comfortable living among their own.

But in these modern, progressive times, people aren't allowed to self-segregate; integration must be forced on the masses, like it or not.

For example:

The Department of Housing and Urban Development has proposed a new plan to change U.S. neighborhoods it says are racially imbalanced or are too tilted toward rich or poor, arguing the country's housing policies have not been effective at creating the kind of integrated communities the agency had hoped for.
http://www.usnews.com/news/articles...racially-economically-integrate-neighborhoods

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
But in these modern, progressive times, people aren't allowed to self-segregate; integration must be forced on the masses, like it or not.

Maybe there's a government sanctioned way to get more diversity into Harrison.
What is the ideal black/white/other ratio?
For low crime?
Best learning atmosphere?
Best economy?
Most freedom?
Is there a formula for this utopia some seek?

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
People that defend white supremacist idealogy without taking the risk/shunning of being an out and proud white supremacist are worse than KKK members to me.

KKK members are generally disliked now. Beer gutted suburbanites that spew racist idealogy online/with their friends are liked because they keep their racism mostly in the closet. Glad we have so many here.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Open racism in small towns in Arkansas is nothing compared to some of the openly racist posts on this message board.

I sometimes wonder if the majority of crappy members posting stuff like "why did I know the race of the person in that article before I clicked on it" know how many Black, Asian, Hispanic, and Native American shooters are members of OKshooters.com.

This subject comes up a lot when shooting and eating with some of our members who happen to be American supporters of the 2nd amendment and contributing members of OSA, but of a different race than "white". I personally think allowing racist comments on a message board like this one is beyond tacky and it's why I rarely post outside the gear or knife sections.

Seems like that sort of thing used to get called out.

They're idiots. What really gets me are the idiots who claim not to be racist but find themselves agreeing with some of the members of white supremacist groups that post here. And we've had at least a couple. A little googling found them back when I was more active on this board. Pretty sure 1-2 are active now but I haven't looked into them too hard.

Liberals are stupid for being spoonfed by the media they say, yet these dumpy losers have convinced themselves the white Christian male is the most persecuted group in America. Believing things than are demonstrably untrue is not only a source of pride for them, it's the basis for their entire belief system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom