Swiss K-31

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

riper1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i want to know what you guys think of the Swiss K-31?
I've got the fever for one real bad, i looked this forum over pretty good and could'nt find much here,
I've owned mosins and have a couple of SKS rifles but looking for a bolt rifle, so if they suck let me know
what you guys think

ASP785

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love mine. It is a unique rifle to have in the collection and shoots pretty well to boot. I am not sure what you are wanting to do with the rifle, but they definitely don't 'suck'.

bsmith918

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have both a K31 and a K11. Both are beautiful milsurps. The triggers are very clean and crisp, very accurate, and handle very well for what they are. In addition to that, they are very unique and interesting weapons. If you are lucky, there will be a troop tag underneath the butt plate to add to the awesomeness!

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The K31 is a finely made rifle - to duplicate its quality today would cost far more than what they go for. They're also quite accurate to boot; I've had several, and the one I kept is the most accurate milsurp I own. A bonus is that you can scope them with a St. Marie mount that fastens into the grooved cut-out in the side of the receiver - NO modifications of any kind needed. Now if only quality ammo wasn't so expensive!

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Purplexed how far out can you shoot with the scoped K-31

I've only shot steel silhouettes out to 500 yards. At 100 yards without trying very hard on the bench, I could easily get 2 MOA. I'm certain that if I were to get particular about it, I could shrink those groups by half, but I'm not into that kind of shooting.

This is with a vintage Weaver K4-1 and surplus GP-11 ammo, by the way.

OKC_Jim

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I really like mine. I shot it in one of the OKC CMP games GSM matches last year and plan to do so again this year. The rapid fire string is really fun with the straight pull design. I've also shot my best slow prone, 99-4X, with it.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've had a K-31 for a few years that is also topped with a older steel tube El Paso Weaver K-4 scope in a no drill St. Marie scope mount that is a real tack driver.

I just went out to the garage and measured my best five round group shot off bags at 100 yds. on 5-23-2006 and it measures .742 with my load below.

CCI BR-2 primers.....Sierra #2140 165 gr. HPBT.....43.5 grs. of Varget.

My K-31 and my Swedish mausers are the most accurate milsurps I own.

Latest posts

Top Bottom