Taneycomo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm late to the game, but we have stayed at Lilly's landing for 26 years in a row. I can't say enough good about Phil, and his facility.
Phil fishes just about every day as well, so every morning in the fly shop, there is a current report of what he and other guides that report to him have caught fish on that day.

Flourocarbon line is almost a must for any fishing there. As has already been stated you can use a short leader and use the line you brought. I've used 4lb mono, and caught fish. Switched to flourocarbon and the catch rate really increases. Fly rod or spinning gear.
I agree since you don't have much time to get a guide for 1/2 day. Instant education.

We have been there enough that we pretty much know where the guides go, watching them and their clients.

We will be back up there for the fall Brown trout spawning run. 8 full days of fishing.:D

gmar

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
On a side note, I'm not sure how old your boys are but be sure to get them entered into the fishing derby ar Big Cedar. Last time I was there, there were a bunch of kids who seemed to be enjoying it.

ShurShot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
On a side note, I'm not sure how old your boys are but be sure to get them entered into the fishing derby ar Big Cedar. Last time I was there, there were a bunch of kids who seemed to be enjoying it.

They are 7 and 10. Cousins will be there too, they are 2, 3, 5, 7 and 10. (all boys)

I'll definitely look into that, thanks!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Log on to lilleyslanding.com and subscribe to their news letter. Its amazing how many big trout are caught off their dock. My wife is logged onto it and shares pics all the time.

I don't subscribe as it makes me mad I'm not there.

One of the guides favorite areas is the deep bank across from Lilleys.

http://www.lilleyslanding.com/

Another nice place on Tanneycomo: http://www.trouthollow.com/images/home_bkg.jpg

ShurShot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll go by Lilley's for sure. I've been reading his reports and watching his YT videos. His lodge is booked up for July. I tried to reserve a spot at Table Rock Lake State Park but they are all booked up as well. I ended up getting a spot at Roaring Rivers State Park for Friday and Saturday: http://mostateparks.com/park/roaring-river-state-park

They have a trout fishery and my spot is pretty close to the stream. It's not far off I-44 so it's on the way. I figure that will give me a place to let the kids and wife fish, practice with my new fly rod, etc... and I'm in and out for $36.00!

Then when I get to Branson I'll be ready to sneak off and get some quality fishing time in Sunday evening and throughout the week! Also going to talk to my brother about doing a guided trip one day if we can get one set up. I think he'll be into it.

I think its shaping up to be a good trip, getting pretty excited about it!

As far as the gear goes:

I found Lilley's drift rig setup: http://forums.ozarkanglers.com/topic/30562-how-to-tie-a-drift-rig/

I've got everything but the line to get a few of those ready to go. Gonna grab some 4 lb Flourocarbon or maybe 2 lb and get a handful rigged up and ready along with an assortment of rooster tails and power baits, salmon eggs, etc...

I'll be taking my light weight spinning rod/reel, the wife and kid's rod/reels and a couple of others as well as my new fly rod.

I want to have everything I need for the family so I don't have to think about it once we get up there. I might end up taking all the other kids out some along with my brother, step-brother-in-law and whoever else wants to go so want to make sure I'm not running back and forth to by stuff and/or sitting on the bank rigging up other people the whole time. I'll be busy learning to fly fish with the new fly rod!

I'm gonna hit the shop at Roaring River and get a few flies they recommend then hit Lilley's as soon as I get into Branson and let him sell me a few more. I've been practicing today and got a pretty good grip on casting, just need to get my flies in order and I think I'll be ready to take a crack at'em.

Thanks for all the tips!

Latest posts

Top Bottom