Taurus Ankle Holsters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hoplophobia

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi there everybody. I'm an all the time bag carrier, and want to carry a backup ankle holster so that I have something always attached to my body. I've been looking for ankle holsters for the Taurus PT 140 Pro. There are plenty of ankle holsters for the PT145 Pro, but almost none for the .40 cal version. Does anybody have any experience with carrying this firearm in an ankle holster? Does anybody have any suggestions?

bulbboy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't have experience with that gun - but I highly recommend the Galco Glove Ankle Holster. I own two of them and am about to buy a third. Very good rig

Hoplophobia

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love Galco. I use a scout clip when I belt carry, but sadly the Glove is not made for the PT 140.

EDIT: And before somebody says Fobus, I already checked them out and they only had one for the PT145. Alot of ankle holsters are for the PT145 only for some reason I can't quite understand.

Hoplophobia

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
After a discussion with the people at Fobus about why it fit only the PT145 (.45 ) Millennium Pro and not others, apparently it actually does fit the Millennium Pro .40 and the 9mm version as well.

"Yes the SP11BA will work with your model.

Thank You,

Bobbie-Jo Deans
Inventory Control
Fobus / CAA"

I hope this is a help to anybody else who wants to carry a millennium pro as an inexpensive backup like me but with the same caliber as your primary carry.

Hoplophobia

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like to try and avoid that if I can, Ebay I mean. Fobus is shipping the ankle holster today, so probably by the end of week I will have my hands on it. I'm curious because the Taurus Millennium Pro is cheap. Something that wouldn't break the bank in any caliber as an ankle backup firearm.

A.J.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Make sure you tell us how it fits on your ankle and under your trousers/jeans. I have a PT745 on the way and I'm curious if the gun is going to be too bulky to hide under my pant leg. I had a G27 sub-compact that could only be worn under over-sized pant legs.

spd67

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't like ankle holsters as an option for carry. I have not found one that is comfortable. I have also had my gun come loose from an ankle holster and fall out when running while on duty. Also it is cumbersome to get a gun out of an ankle holster. If you are going to carry I would suggest an IWB carry holster or a in the pocket holster dependent on gun size. Just my two cents.

Hoplophobia

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
SPD I do infact, bag carry a full size semi-auto in a courier/shoulderbag configuration. This is a backup only if for some reason I was to loose control of the bag or for some reason have a critical failure with my primary.

But, I am curious. What brand/type ankle holster did you have that failure with? I like Fobus because I've used one of those cheapo paddle holsters for awhile and found it decent.

Latest posts

Top Bottom