Taurus Ankle Holsters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A.J.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got my Taurus PT745 in. Just for giggles and grins, I have an ankle holster made for a J frame snubby. I put it on, and slipped my Taurus in it, and it fit remarkably well except the top strap wasn't long enough to reach the velcro on the holster. It was a close enough fit that I could tell that Taurus, and it's the ultra thin HGPT745 model...will not work on my ankle. Even with generously sized pant legs, the grip was so long that once I stretched my pant leg over it, still bulged and printed badly. BTW...with my J frame, I could (and did) wear that holster all day comfortably.
Hope you have better luck with your fobus, Hoppy.

spd67

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
SPD I do infact, bag carry a full size semi-auto in a courier/shoulderbag configuration. This is a backup only if for some reason I was to loose control of the bag or for some reason have a critical failure with my primary.

But, I am curious. What brand/type ankle holster did you have that failure with? I like Fobus because I've used one of those cheapo paddle holsters for awhile and found it decent.

It was an Uncle Mikes Ankle Holster for My Smith 642 that had the failure...Now to be nice to the holster I was running after a suspect and jumped several fences and at the end of the foot pursuit I had to fight the guy and that was when the gun slipped out during the fight...I am sure that the holster was not intended for that kind of abuse. For someone that would just use it for a causal carry I doubt that it would have the same failure. But just imagine my surprise when I finally get the guy cuffed and there is a gun on the ground and I did not realize it was mine at first. After that I switched to a pocket holster and have had no problems. I can't afford to have a failure like that again. I also find that the draw from a pocket is better, smoother, and faster from the pocket rather than the awkward draw from the ankle. If you do carry on the ankle you have to be carefull about your clothing fit and shoes. I would recomend going to one knee and pulling from that platform. I have just always felt that ankle rigs leave you more vunrable than I am comfortable with. If bag carry a full sized auto then it would be nothing to place one of these in your pocket for a BUG. Just my opinion.

pbaumei

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went w/ glaco for my Glock 30 .45ACP ankle holster, it the best fit and most comfortable, and has a kydex molded holster. check LA POLICE GEAR for one on sale

deek

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
They don't make many holsters for the Mill Pro guns. But I have always used a G 26 Holster for mine and it fits perfect. I like the Galco ankle holster and it is very comfy to carry all day. Mine dosn't print unless i'm wearing tight jeans. I have a 145, 140, 745, and a 705 and they will all fit in the same holsters.

hcm2009

New to the site!
Reaction score
Hi there everybody. I'm an all the time bag carrier, and want to carry a backup ankle holster so that I have something always attached to my body. I've been looking for ankle holsters for the Taurus PT 140 Pro. There are plenty of ankle holsters for the PT145 Pro, but almost none for the .40 cal version. Does anybody have any experience with carrying this firearm in an ankle holster? Does anybody have any suggestions?

Hi all !!!
I am a new member of forum. Would a newcomer be warmly welcome here? Good day you guys!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom