Taurus opinions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a PT111 Millennium, once upon a time. It never bobbled and ate anything I fed it. But I only fed it about 600 rounds. Had the crappiest trigger I've ever felt and nobody I talked to about slicking it up would touch it. :angry3:

I sold it and got a Kahr CW9. The quality is in another league. If I were looking for a cheap auto and funds were an issue I'd look at S&W Sigma or what ever they are calling them these days. Can't be any worse that a Taurus and even if it does have issues S&W's customer service is top notch.

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've had two GLOCKS that were total pieces of crap, I have also had two GLOCKS (different ones, believe it or not) that had cracked frames. Therefore all GLOCKS suck and should never be counted on for anything more than doorstops. :)

Real men use Jennings or Hi-point. At least you can knock a person out with a Hi-point when you run out of ammo, you may get giggles if you try that with a GLOCK.

Oh yeah, Taurus! On a serious note, I've had some fine Taurus firearms. I don't have much experience with the newer ones though, which I believe is what you're looking for. I wouldn't hesitate to get one and give it a go though.

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Never owned a Taurus semi auto... but was fairly impressed with a Taurus 85 Titanium snub nosed gun I owned for several years. The only reason I traded it... did not care for the ported barrel. And it went for a Colt as part of a trade deal.

OK Bush Pilot

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bud’s Gun Shop has a review section, which I used repeatedly for advice when I was picking my 45. For height, weight, length, & price for me it came down to Berretta, M&P, & XDM. Well they don’t make a XDM 4inch yet, Berretta’s must be really clean for reliability, and the M&P has the same size accessory rail as a Glock. I LOVE my M&P! I have not fired or owned a Taurus but my research ruled them out for reliability. I should mention I ruled-out Glock because they just don’t fit my hand comfortably. Hope all the research I did helps you.

Latest posts

Top Bottom