Taurus Revolvers.....do they suck? or GTG?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a judge in stainless 3X3. I've just about worn it out posting positive videos on this forum and others that have never had one in their hand and offer nothing but speculation in their theory's about why they aren't the best what-ever.

Runs good enough for me that I have it in my night stand based on my personal testing of SD loads designed for the gun.

udiablo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Several years ago, Taurus invested heavily in upgrading their manufacturing facilities and equipment. If you can afford to buy Smith & Wesson (older, pre-lock) then do it since the resale value will be better. If not, then Taurus may suit you OK.

piston10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought my sister a 38 Taurus revolver for HD. We put several boxes down it so she and her son could get a feel for it, no problems at all. It is not near as tight a Smith, but it works just fine.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's what my Taurus 8-shot .357 does....

i236.photobucket.com_albums_ff121_tRdoc_ced39998_2477_4efa_a20b_a6cd703f3795_zpse70e9f35.jpg

It's only on one of the cylinders, though, so it's all good, right? I still have 7 good shots. :nono2:

I've also got a Taurus semi (9mm 709 slim) that I've needed to send back for going on two years now, I think. My other two semi-autos work fine. So over the spectrum of semis and revolvers, my Taurus fail rate is only 50%.... :/

whiskeysnoot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is the second handgun I ever bought. 23 years ago. Model 85CH. It rides in the saddle bag of my cycle now. Always felt that Taurus is underrated. Sure, pre-90's guns were crap but not in the last 25 years. I have no problem with recommending them at all. And remember, they didn't sell us out to the Clinton administration with the smart gun pledge like S&W did!

Elm Creek Smith

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought a 4 inch blued Taurus 66 back in the days when the right-hand recoil shield was part of the sideplate. It was a good shooter, and I taught my daughters to shoot handguns with it. I sold it to the Corps Reenlistment NCO when I left Germany the last time. Since then, I bought a Taurus 85SS2UL, stupidly swapped it away, and bought another one just like it. All thre of the revolvers were accurate and reliable. My level of trust is such that my older daughter is carrying it until I can find her something so I can get it back. (Unfortunately, she has already described my Ultralite as hers.)

ECS

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just to jump in..............I still have mine in 44spl. It's one of the titanium ones. Light as a feather empty. But you can fill it when loaded. It has those damn vent pipes (ported) in the end though and they are flame throwers.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have had several Taurus revolvers before and had some misfires. I think it was the ammo. Never bought a new Taurus except for a PT22 for my wife. She wanted it. Sold it later.

Latest posts

Top Bottom