Taurus Revolvers.....do they suck? or GTG?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've owned one Taurus product, a revolver. It was their now-discontinued single action line in .45LC so it's probably not an accurate representation of their other revolvers. I had to send it back to Taurus before I ever fired a live round through it. Now days if I am at a gun counter, I simply look past anything and everything with the Taurus name on it.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I sold a metric ton of 85's back in the late 90's and never saw one of them come back to the shop. I've purchased a couple of hand selected ones and gone through them for immediate family members, who seem happy with them.

I have zero confidence in their autos aside from the PT series though. I've seen way to many of them with issues.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i bought an ultra light 38 snubby , about 40 rounds into shooting it the barrel came loose and was wobbling around. appearantly some of the threads on the barrel broke.sent it in to taurus to take advantage of the lifetime warranty and 8 yes 8 months later the sent me a voucher for taurus handgun of my choice up to $350.i sold the voucher here on the board.

one other time i walked into big boys and asked to see a taurus 44 special and mike handed one to me and the cylinder would free spin with the hammer down,not touching the trigger,nib gun. he said huh better send that one back. never had a interest in any thing tauri since

Pharr Shot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The pre-lock Taurus revolvers seem GTG for me, I have a 4 inch Model 65 and it's really sweet! Has a SMOOTHER action than any Smith I've handled! It's more than better smooth and got it for a STEAL! Next one I'mma get is a Taurus Model 66, 6 inch barrel, blued.
As far as their locked models, they where actually smart about their locking system unlike Smith with theirs. So I guess that their GTG as well.
Though they don't make it anymore I wanted their Model 608 (Or it's called a Model 680...?), I think it was an 8 shot, it seems worth it but I can't find it though, I think they stopped making that particular revolver this year. :'(

Last edited:

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Though they don't make it anymore I wanted their Model 608 (Or it's called a Model 680...?), I think it was an 8 shot, it seems worth it but I can't find it though, I think they stopped making that particular revolver this year. :'(
I think that's the one I have... the 608. 8-shot .357. It has to go back for repair. <sigh>

Latest posts

Top Bottom