tax on purchase when shipped from out of state?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jenksshooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You would only owe tax if you bought a gun from a retailer that was out of state, but they also have a retail location in Oklahoma. Even then the tax would be paid to the retailer not the FFL. Who is this dirt bag?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

carleb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, it was Dixon and Sons here in Vinita. What you all have indicated is what I suspected. My ignorance and I'll eat it this time. I don't begrudge a man his due, that's not the problem, obviously. He had me over a barrel, seeing as he was in possession of the firearm and it would have been a major hassle to start it all over again. He doesn't need my business I suppose. He just sold his reputation for approx. $100. The dealer I actually bought it from in Illinois was blameless.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would contact the Oklahoma Tax Commission and let them know what happened, especially if you have a receipt of the tax transaction. Make sure he pays that to the state and can't pocket it. I also guess they will want to look through all his books and check for other taxes that were "collected" and used as profit.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would contact the Oklahoma Tax Commission and let them know what happened, especially if you have a receipt of the tax transaction. Make sure he pays that to the state and can't pocket it. I also guess they will want to look through all his books and check for other taxes that were "collected" and used as profit.
^^^This. And the AG's office as mentioned before.

And for the record $40 for a transfer is nuts. $20 is high but I could see paying it to a good FFL dealer that you like and want to support. But $40 sounds like Gunworld or Savage Trading level of ripoff. To charge you quadruple the going rate and tack on $100 in bogus BS "tax" is asking for an a$$whoopin. Don't get mad, don't get even, get ahead.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
He outed the dealer^^^. Stupid, stupid practice on that FFL. I doubt we can run him out of business, but I definitely think we need to let everyone know how he is willing to screw locals for a buck. This is as bad as Dong's or worse. Indeed, he was lying AND committing fraud and I would LOVE to hear the State AG and OTC have come down hard on an FFL who is fraudulently blaming the government for his own greed. Scumbags who fleece fellow 2A enthusiasts are no better than the antis, and they lend a bad name to gun-lovers. If you are committing crimes relating to firearms purchases, you deserve to be called out for it.

I agree the prices are outrageous, but if you knew that going into it, then oh well. You live and you learn. Another reason to patronize our reputable fellow enthusiast FFLs here on OSA!

Latest posts

Top Bottom