tax on purchase when shipped from out of state?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carleb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have used "The Hunter's Den" in Chouteau before and Wayne is a good guy & straight shooter. In this case I just didn't want to drive 40 min. south to his place, but I will in the future. Vinita is a little short on local FFL's that I know who will take the time to do it. It's done and over. I'll keep my receipts and cancelled check for future reference if needed.

Vinita is pretty much isolated from close gun retail, other than Wally World and recently Atwoods.

Craig3

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Unfortunately Atwoods wont special order or receive guns. Walmart used to have more options and you could order one in from their "catalog" to the store.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sorry to hear you got ripped off. I don't understand your willingness to just eat it when you got defrauded like that, but it's your call.

I suggest dealing with Mike at Excalibur Sporting Goods in Afton. I don't know what he charges for an FFL transfer, but I have dealt with him a lot (have ran a lot of training at his range through Project Appleseed) and he is a great guy.

RedHawk357Mag

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Places that charge me 30.00 for a transfer get it once. And that's about it. I very seldom buy anything else from them and I never recommend them for anything. Exception is reloading powder. The hundred on top of that is... No fitting word comes to mind. I realize you are considering eating that poo sandwich, and I respect that choice but I think you should let the attorney general know about it. Sorry to hear such bad dealings like that.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, it was Dixon and Sons here in Vinita. What you all have indicated is what I suspected. My ignorance and I'll eat it this time. I don't begrudge a man his due, that's not the problem, obviously. He had me over a barrel, seeing as he was in possession of the firearm and it would have been a major hassle to start it all over again. He doesn't need my business I suppose. He just sold his reputation for approx. $100. The dealer I actually bought it from in Illinois was blameless.

He collected a false tax....forget immoral...I can't see how what he did was legal. I don't understand letting yourself get run over like that, but it's your money.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well... I agree that he can choose to let it go, it's his decision. But the ramifications extend farther - this scumbag will keep doing this, keep ripping people off and keep getting away with it. I think the AG needs to know... I don't have time today, but I might make a call myself later in the week and see if someone can make an anonymous complaint to the AG, and if they'll even give a damn. My guess is yes to the first, and not likely to the 2nd. Who knows, though.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
when the bill before the legislature passes next week they all will be collecting tax.
House bill 2531

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
when the bill before the legislature passes next week they all will be collecting tax.
House bill 2531
Not exactly ALL will be. The bill is written so that large places like amazon that do not have a physical presence in the state but do a large volume of sales to residents will be required to collect a sales tax. Small gun shops will still stay under the wire.

carleb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I respect everyone else's opinion. The simple fact for my choice is that Vinita is a small town and generally what goes around, comes around. Truth is, I'm in conversation all the time with folks that are new gun people and solicit my opinion on what and where to buy. Yes, I got suckered this time myself, but I'm totally capable of, more-or-less, setting it aside.

Latest posts

Top Bottom