Tearing Up Targets.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I save my milk jugs.
I want to make a "T" shaped post and hang water bottles down from the top of the T and shoot those at long range.
Maybe 6 bottles on each side.. or possibly balloons instead of the bottles if i need a larger target.

Looks like you have a lot of wood behind that jug.. should be able to recover the bullets.
Friend of mine uses a HUGE stump laid on it's side.. when it is full the lead bullets hit it and drop to the ground in front of the stump.
Then burn the stump and have a pile of molten lead in the burn hole

Garrett

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I save my milk jugs.
I want to make a "T" shaped post and hang water bottles down from the top of the T and shoot those at long range.
Maybe 6 bottles on each side.. or possibly balloons instead of the bottles if i need a larger target.

Looks like you have a lot of wood behind that jug.. should be able to recover the bullets.
Friend of mine uses a HUGE stump laid on it's side.. when it is full the lead bullets hit it and drop to the ground in front of the stump.
Then burn the stump and have a pile of molten lead in the burn hole

A friend recently suggested balloons filled with food coloring and then film in slow motion while being shot.......:) interesting but beyond my skills........

Last edited by a moderator:

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I use a double stack of rail road ties. 1 stack stops all but a few rifle bullets, unless hit in the small gap between 2 ties. The 2nd stack with gaps staggered differently than the first stack results in 100% stoppage.

Garrett

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I use a double stack of rail road ties. 1 stack stops all but a few rifle bullets, unless hit in the small gap between 2 ties. The 2nd stack with gaps staggered differently than the first stack results in 100% stoppage.

Sounds great and i had ought to beef mine up a bit more for security.....there is about a acre or more of jungle behind my backstop and it`s 4" thick but better safe than sorry!

i.imgur.com_k46CkUQ.jpg

Garrett

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It`s a real nice afternoon here in NE Oklahoma so I went out back and ran a couple of magazines through the 9......I pulled the 1st shot pretty bad but the rest look like they might have been painful.
Happiness is a warm gun!

i.imgur.com_W8ULtuF.jpg

i.imgur.com_ubQztxn.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom