Tearing Up Targets.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Garrett

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nice review of some ammo. :yelclap:

Thanks! Redneck ballistics testing is a lot of fun!

This morning I noticed a nefarious looking gallon of water in my kitchen so I executed it!
I fired a SIG Sauer EP 124 gr JHP through one layer of denim into 1 gallon of water. The bullet entered low traveled straight through blowing out the side and exited near the neck and bounced off the backstop, all I recovered was the copper jacket. I`ll try it again with a frozen 1 gallon bottle.

i.imgur.com_zRGz0bq.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Garrett

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I picked up a old Savage made Sears and Roebuck single shot 20 ga from the local pawn shop and cut the barrel down to 18 3/4"s. I went out Gander Mt to pick up some 00 and they only had 1 box of Remington 00, I`m not a fan of Remington ammo but I went ahead a picked them up.
I fired 2 shells at the target and it covered the target pretty good but not the flight controlled shot I`m used to. I`ll get into town again this weekend and find some decent 00 shells and tear up some targets. From what I understand Savage made this shotgun for Sears back in the day when most Department Stores carried their own line of guns.

i.imgur.com_KysVJ8X.jpg

i.imgur.com_zNIR7dV.jpg

i.imgur.com_yviPrqX.jpg

Garrett

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I stepped out back a ran a couple of 00 through my little shotgun this afternoon.......it`s tame compared to my 12 ga but it`s a fun little shooter.

Garrett

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My apologies, I think I`m posting my shotgun fun in the handgun section......

I picked up 2 boxes of Rio Royal Buck 12 ga 9 shot for $2.48 ea 5 count box @ Academy yesterday. I have been wanting to try this for awhile. I tested several from `16 to `21 and they held a tight pattern, all 9 shot on target. I will definitely be buying more of these, at .49 cents and shell, that`s a lot of bang for the buck!

i.imgur.com_9jQD3jC.jpg

i.imgur.com_dQF2NUc.jpg

Garrett

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was able to pick up some Winchester 3 buck from the Gents at GunTech Arms in Bixby, Ok and poked some holes in some paper from `16. This 3 buck has a nice kick to it for a 20ga. I`m still hitting high on the paper but it would still be a bad day for the bad guy!
http://www.guntecharms.com/

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nice. I like the target you were using before, of that home grown terrorist in Tennessee that shot up the recruiting station and the Navy base. I bet you could sell those targets.

i.imgur.com_7Rq8qk1.jpg

Garrett

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nice. I like the target you were using before, of that home grown terrorist in Tennessee that shot up the recruiting station and the Navy base. I bet you could sell those targets.

That cowardly terrorist was named Muhammad Youssef Abdulazeez and anybody who wants to save this pic and print it off so they can poke some holes in it are welcome to it for free! :thumb:

[Broken External Image]

Garrett

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I took the little 20 out back for some paper work.....it was another bad day for the bad guy! I was using some Winchester #3 buck, I like it enough that I`ll be getting some more tomorrow from the Gents @ http://www.guntecharms.com/ . This little single shot is a helluva lot of fun!

Garrett

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A little side by side comparison.....
Royal Buck 9 shot 00 / $2.45 for a box of 5.
Winchester 9 shot 00 / $5.49 for a box of 5.
My test weapon was my trustworthy 18 1/2" Mav 88 fired from 21`.
Winchester had the tighter group.
Royal Buck is the economical choice.

i.imgur.com_XnPp8Wh.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom