Tearing Up Targets.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Garrett

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's a winner at combat range. :D

Yes Sir, it`s a sweet little shooter. :thumb:

It`s been awhile since I last cut a target so I stepped out back and fired a few rounds.

Draw, fire, reload and fire again......all 10 within 3 1/4". I didn`t time it but I assure y`all I aint no Mr. Chained Blue Lightning but I rekon it will keep the bad guys away.

http://www.5starfirearms.com/

i.imgur.com_KO868ss.jpg

i.imgur.com_KxZlGMj.jpg

Garrett

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks Gents!

Hornady 20 gauge SST Slug vs Clementine and Pumpkin.

I placed a 2" X "6 treated board behind the pumpkin and I was able to recover the slug and Clementine The slug was fired from `16 out of my thumper gun and it was recovered after passing though "6 of timber.

i.imgur.com_pR1wOEp.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Garrett

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I picked up a box of Winchester 20 gauge rifled slugs while at Gander Mt. today, $16 for a box of 15. Of course I had to step out back and test one out. I used my little SS Thumper for the deed.

The slug split a 2"X6" and stopped, it was easy to recover. Not a lot of penetration but damn nice expansion. I have no problem using these for HD.

i.imgur.com_MEXPzlg.jpg

i.imgur.com_5uJjDiw.jpg

Garrett

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I use a double stack of rail road ties. 1 stack stops all but a few rifle bullets, unless hit in the small gap between 2 ties. The 2nd stack with gaps staggered differently than the first stack results in 100% stoppage.

I have about 1ft of backstop that I maintain and there is about 2 acres of thick jungle directly behind.......I don`t have much use for a rifle so all I shoot is my pistols and shotguns. I have been thinking about adding the RR ties, better safe than sorry.

I fired a Winchester 20 ga rifled slug into a frozen 1 gallon water jug. For this shot I use my little SS Thumper Gun with a 18.5" cylinder barrel. The card was a reference aiming point for the test. I was not able to recover the slug and the playing card fragmented into small pieces. The slug flattened out after hitting the ice and bounce off of a 4"X4". I will continue to use these for HD in rotation with Spartan #1 Buckshot.

Latest posts

Top Bottom