Tearing Up Targets.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That shot taken from 100 feet is superb. That group held together very impressively. I'm glad you are posting pics of the results of your shots. It can save the rest of us money by getting the proper ammo that you're demonstrating. I wish a had a longer pistol range than only 25 yards. That's why I don't shoot rifle or shotgun. 25 yards is the limit, because I use the dam of my pond as an impact zone.

Garrett

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I put a new face on my backstop, it`s about a foot thick......

i.imgur.com_pVGIhea.jpg

[Broken External Image]

I ordered 2 boxes of #1 Buck from Lucky Gunner on Monday and they arrived today.

Spartan 20 ga 2 3/4 9 shot # 1 Buck - $13.75
Royal Rio 20 ga 2 3/4 9 shot #1 Buck - $16.25

I fired them out of my little thumper from 16'. The target is a 6.5" diameter printed on a standard typing paper and adhered to a sheet of 22" X 28" poster board.

I pulled the Spartan a bit but it still put all 9 shot within 4" of each other.

The Rio held a nice tight pattern....

I`ll test them some out of my Thumper and out of my 870.

[Broken External Image]

i.imgur.com_lGhKGU4.jpg

i.imgur.com_oZG58Fj.jpg

Garrett

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nice addition to your backstop.

Thanks!

I took the opportunity to step out back to fire some #1 buck shot through my 870 20 ga. These shots were fired from 21' through a 21" barrel with a modified choke. I think the Royal Rio is holding a better pattern but I would hate meet either one of them in a dark hallway!

i.imgur.com_B8vtKV7.jpg

i.imgur.com_pzx3YZ2.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom