Tearing Up Targets.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Garrett

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
SIG Sauer Elite Performance 124 gr JHP vs 3.6 lbs of solid ice.

i.imgur.com_N27flPr.jpg

It cleared 5" of solid ice and bounced off the backstop and was recovered, it expanded nicely into a little mushroom......bad day for the bad guy!

Last edited by a moderator:

Garrett

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Redneck Ballistics Test:

I fired a Sig Sauer 124 gr JHP and a Hornady 115 gr JHP into two identical frozen bottles that weighed 59 oz /3.6 lbs. Both rounds clear 10" of solid ice, the Sig expanded nicely and bounced off the back stop. The Hornady penetrated the back stop with no expansion, it acted more like a FMJ than a JHP. I`ll give this another try here in a day or so using these Ozarka water bottles that weight 101 oz / 6 lbs 5 oz. I`m impressed with the Sig and I`ll be looking for more expansion out of the Hornady. :) I can`t afford ballistic gel and chronographs so ice will have to do and you can trust me when I say them bullets are pretty damn fast!

i.imgur.com_hGQvi42.jpg

i.imgur.com_fdAxW0z.jpg

Garrett

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hornady 12 gauge CD 8 shot 00 fired from 36` out of my Maverick 88.

All 8 shot hit within 4" of each other from 36` out......I`m thinking that`s a pretty tight pattern!

i.imgur.com_IpiWARp.jpg

Garrett

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I fired a Hornady Triple Defense out of my little single shot Rossi. That Hornady shell is packing 1 - .41 caliber slug and 2 - .35 caliber balls. I fired 1 shell from 21` and it just put a 2" hole in that metal. Wicked shot shells!

i.imgur.com_2eUr6rz.jpg

Garrett

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I took advantage of a beautiful afternoon here in NE Oklahoma and stepped out back and ran a few of those Hornady 115 gr JHPs through my 9, I was able to recover a few intact and this time they expanded nicely. A whole lot of fun / very little Science.......

i.imgur.com_caDjATF.jpg

Garrett

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Still shooting......

I fired a Hornady 8 shot 00 from 60` into a jug of water.
The water was for effect and probably displaced some of the shot but in the end but all 8 shot were within a 12" area.

I marked existing holes and numbered the new ones....

i.imgur.com_laI6qWL.jpg

i.imgur.com_iQQ4HiG.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom