Tell me about Locust Grove / Chouteau area.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I live just south of Chouteau on the North end of Ft Gibson lake. If you are a lake person you will have easy access to Hudson and Gibson. After living in Tulsa most of my life I really do enjoy being retired here except for the hour drive on HW
412 when I have to go into Tulsa for something. Small towns of Pryor and Wagoner have limited stores other than Wall-Marts. Other than that, I really enjoy living in this area.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had some family that lived in and around Locust Grove and Rose for many, many years. They're all dead and gone now. It used to be very 'clannish.' Spent some time there during the summers when I was a kid and the only reason I was accepted was that I was related to the Sinors. They were a very prominent family there once upon a time. I know Jennifer Garner owns some land around Locust Grove and shows up now and then!

crrcboatz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One of my best friends lives half way between the two towns on the highest bluff in the area and not only is it beautiful the view is spectacular. Over looks the Grand River and the power plant lake. You can see for miles from his back deck. It off old 412 highway.

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had some family that lived in and around Locust Grove and Rose for many, many years. They're all dead and gone now. It used to be very 'clannish.' Spent some time there during the summers when I was a kid and the only reason I was accepted was that I was related to the Sinors. They were a very prominent family there once upon a time. I know Jennifer Garner owns some land around Locust Grove and shows up now and then!
Her showing up would be worth hanging around for 🤣

Old Noob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm the next town over. Good hunting and fishing around that area, basically my back yard. I would like to live there but I work in Tulsa and commute is little much.
Yes, I'm thinking it would be a screech for me. I don't need to go to Tulsa everyday but would need to go a few times a week.
The hunting and fishing sound great. I do like the looks of the aera. The home I'm looking at is on about 9 acres.

okjoek

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a Locust address but actually live closer to Peggs. We retired and moved out here. We like it, liked it better before all the pot farms started springing up. A lot of good fishing, swimming places are now full of Asian growers. They abuse the fishing limits, and trash so many pretty spots. I don't mean to be negative, we are happy out here but it was better. Its unbelievable how many of them there are. More pot farms all the time.

Old Noob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a Locust address but actually live closer to Peggs. We retired and moved out here. We like it, liked it better before all the pot farms started springing up. A lot of good fishing, swimming places are now full of Asian growers. They abuse the fishing limits, and trash so many pretty spots. I don't mean to be negative, we are happy out here but it was better. Its unbelievable how many of them there are. More pot farms all the time.
But it was better.
I think we can all say that for almost everywhere now a days.

Latest posts

Top Bottom