2024 economic outlook

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BallisticGuy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What are your thoughts about 2024?

We all know one can’t predict the future, but some have more experience in this area then others and I’m curious about the different point of views.

The stock market
Will Q1/Q2 revenues be better than expected or will the markets sink in Q1 after record highs since it’s being said most spending right now is on credit, and some believe that credit spending is artificially boosting the economy with inflation not accuratly being recorded. Will history repeat itself after these record highs?

Will interest rates hold through Q1/Q2 of 2024? Will rates be cut in Q3? If so what are your reasons? Will rates hold for even longer since these rates are near historical averages and it will be needed to squash inflation? I personally think a we might see a rate cut just before Q3 of 2024 but that leads to another problem.

Real Estate
The moment rates are cut more buyers will flood the market and RE prices will continue to climb due to limited inventory. Don’t get me wrong I love increased equity, but I’ll leave it at that until someone chimes in.

Let’s not even talk about the commercial RE market.

Do we need to talk about how much consumers are spending on experiences and worthless crap, rather than paying down debt and building personal wealth?

I’m just an average Joe in my 30’s going to school to finish my degree, and this is my area of interest. Now that I don’t have any homework until January this all I read about. You can’t grow without knowledge so let’s hear some opinions!

What are your thoughts about 2024?

Last edited:

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I keep seeing "experts" predicting a major crash. One today said all the bubbles are going to burst causing the biggest crash in our lifetime. I predict something between that, and what we have today.
I keep hearing the same, but I don’t think a “crash” will ever happen. My guess is that the govt will prop up the economy enough to keep everything running. A real “crash” would hurt republicans as bad as the democrats, and ALL those b@stards want to keep their jobs and hide their crimes.

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The folks that really need to watch closely are the ones nearing retirement who maybe haven't shifted monies into less risky options. If you're within 5 years of retiring and your 401K takes a 50% hit, how are you EVER going to replenish the loss especially if the market rebound is really slow like predicted? Are you going to put more into a down market then increase risk in retirement to get back to where you were?

Personally, I'm in that 5 year range now so keeping an eye on the market. Trying to time the downturn? NOPE. Just being cautious as I start moving from 90-100% equity towards more of a 50-60% equity with the rest being more conservative in bonds and such.

mtnboomr

Questionable Character
Special Hen
Reaction score
1703017550093.jpeg

Latest posts

Top Bottom