Tell me about Locust Grove / Chouteau area.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old Noob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I tried to buy this place in Chouteau in 2019 for $155k. It took forever for the ex to get our Idaho place refi'd so i missed out. It was a nice place but things have worked out just fine...

https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/213-S-4th-St_Chouteau_OK_74337_M96048-67476
House and shop look nice but, I do not want to be in city/town limits. That lot is too small for me. Looking for at least 2 acres and hoping for more. Right now the place I'm looking at is 9 acres.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
House and shop look nice but, I do not want to be in city/town limits. That lot is too small for me. Looking for at least 2 acres and hoping for more. Right now the place I'm looking at is 9 acres.

Yeah... We wound up with a just under 20 acres and love it. Like I said...things worked out.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looking at a place sort of between Chouteau & Locust Grove. Researching a little about the area. What do you know about it? Got any stories? Other than the Girl Scout murders in the 1970's.
I have always liked the Spavinaw area, I am origionally from the Ozarks, and guess it reminded me of that area? There never was much there, but even that is practically gone now. I don't think any business are open now, but it's not very far to Langley, that has stores. I had thought about a cabin there but the reality of maintaining two properites, at my age, plus the price of any property, and building materail, make that out of the question for me. Check out the road on top of the hill, overlooking Spavinaw Lake, just before you start down the hill into Spavinaw. Houses on this road have a fantastic view of the dam and lake!!

Survivor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It’s a great area to live If you enjoy fishing and hunting. I live about 15 miles South of Locust Grove so I’m only 10 minutes from Tahlequah which has about 17,000 people. My only regret is that I didn’t purchase more property when I bought my place which is only 20 acres.

Old Noob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It’s a great area to live If you enjoy fishing and hunting. I live about 15 miles South of Locust Grove so I’m only 10 minutes from Tahlequah which has about 17,000 people. My only regret is that I didn’t purchase more property when I bought my place which is only 20 acres.
Yeah, I like that aera. Not sure if the house I was looking at is going to work out. Need to find a house but ,I'm going to be picky.

Latest posts

Top Bottom