tell me what you think

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
On all the sites I go to the tide has shifted on Kimbers. Their customer service is spotty, the guns are not the same as they use to be. It seems like they made a name and are now trying to ride on it instead of producing a good product. The OCPD were going to go to the Kimber for their sidearm, Kimber sent them the a weapon. After their armor broke it down and put it back together he sent it back and turned them down. When I was in the Marine Corps all the Marines that were on the pistol team including the Presidents 100, they all had Springfield's and then had them custom tho their needs. Another example is a custom 1911 builder told me the best 1911 off the shelf is a Springfield TRP the Loaded was a good second. He then started naming what he thought the best 1911's were, Kimber was nowhere to be found. On the other hand the reason they make so many different ones and why Kimber is a leading production factory is everybody has different tastes. Just my 2 cents.

elcaBob

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Springfield. The Kimber seems kinda... picky and finicky. It's like dating a rich girl: It's really clean and pretty, but, ultimately, a needy pain in the ass.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What is the street price on a Colt Defender or New Agent?? It's a 3" 1911, and you can get it blued rather than a matte coated finish.

A Kimber Ultra Carry is $850. One I looked at and dry-fired at OAS had a sweet trigger. What's the SPringfield go for?

Latest posts

Top Bottom