Texas has required number of signatures 25,000

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

freeranger

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Listen young Jedi, truth is relative. Now choose a side. Left or Right. Minnion or Monkey.

Btw this thread is dead, minnions won.

Interesting. Is a thread battle won based on the loudest rantings or reasonable debate? And what constitutes a thread becoming epic here? Number of pages? Or is it based on the participants with the best avatars? So much for me to learn. :)

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Little more to Vietnam than Kent State.

Show me a quarter million people marching on DC (yeah, that's almost half the number of fake e-signatures). Show me schools shutting down because no students are showing up to class. Show me protests in every major city across the country. Show me construction workers chasing teenagers through the streets of NYC and beating them with hard hats. Show me a generational division between young people and their parents that approaches the one of that era. Show me the draft being reinstated. Read Gallup poll numbers re: American involvement in Vietnam from 1965-1971 and chart the progression of public opinion. Politcal tension near what we had in America at that time? Lawl. Show me the president of the United States resigning live on TV.

ust wait till your neighbor doesn't have any food.

Oh, so like 1929? Which is also between 1850 and 2012, btw.

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Little more to Vietnam than Kent State.

Show me a quarter million people marching on DC (yeah, that's almost half the number of fake e-signatures). Show me schools shutting down because no students are showing up to class. Show me protests in every major city across the country. Show me construction workers chasing teenagers through the streets of NYC and beating them with hard hats. Show me a generational division between young people and their parents that approaches the one of that era. Show me the draft being reinstated. Read Gallup poll numbers re: American involvement in Vietnam from 1965-1971 and chart the progression of public opinion. Politcal tension near what we had in America at that time? Lawl. Show me the president of the United States resigning live on TV.

Oh, so like 1929? Which is also between 1850 and 2012, btw.

It's coming Ridge, and it will be worse than the 60s, '29 and the 1860s combined.

My statement resides in the fact that the country ACTUALLY divided in 1861, so no the 60s were not more divided, neither was is during the DP. I fear we are headed towards another fracture, so yeah, more divided. You are entitled to your opinion, but so am I.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For those that think this is not a good way to peacefully protest,

The petitions have generated lots of debate on talk radio stations around the nation.

“It was a huge discussion,” said Bernadette Lee, the co-host of the morning show on KPEL in Lafayette, La. “It’s just been amazing that people are so interested in this.”

Lee told Fox News their listeners are divided over secession – but said many people are just “frustrated with the way things are working in this country.”

“I think they’re fed up with Congress, the Senate the President –with the whole system,” Lee said. “People really are just so fed up that something radical needs to be done.”

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The petitions have generated lots of debate on talk radio stations around the nation.

That, my friends, is the utmost measure of impactful demonstration. You made local talk radio in Louisiana folks. You're big time :D

Seriously, pundit radio listenership is a TINY fraction of the overall population.

TurboFinger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've set reminders to mockingly bump this thread in 12 and 18 months.

no one can predict the timeline, but it will happen. you can't rack up debt indefinitely without consequences.

does anyone here realistically think we can pay back 16 trillion dollars and counting? up 120 billion last month and projected to be well over 22 trillion by the end of O's 2nd term.

the only thing saving the dollar is that it's used worldwide to exchange crude oil.....our biggest export is inflation. just a couple months ago, a bloc of countries started circumventing the dollar by trading oil in the chinese renminbi/yuan. that is the beginning of the end. just wait until all those US dollars held by foreign governments/companies come back home because they have no use for them anymore. hello zimbabwe...

BTW, guess what other countries tried to circumvent the dollar on oil exchanges? saddam hussein's iraq tried to trade in euros and muhammar kadafi's libya tried to trade in gold. were they trying to bring down the american empire? whatever their purpose, it didn't go over too well. now that it's china, russia and iran in a coalition, what are we going to do? start with iran? maybe we can use our proxy, israel, to handle this "little" one....then what?

Latest posts

Top Bottom