The .45 G.A.P.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why does everybody hate this caliber so much? :anyone:

I'm actually considering one (a model 37 in OD) just because Glock more or less invented it.

And I'm not talking about all of the crusty old timers who swear the .45ACP is the one all, end all. I'm just curious why this round has fallen under so much scrutiny.

Your comments please. :D

liliysdad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As will the 40 or 9. The major handgun calibers are basically equivalent in effectiveness, and because of this, there really is no verifiable need for new calibers.

Had it not been for a few major contracts, the 357 Sig would have suffered the same fate as the GAP, and rightfully so.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As will the 40 or 9. The major handgun calibers are basically equivalent in effectiveness, and because of this, there really is no verifiable need for new calibers.

So you're saying that the 9mm is basically equivalent to a .40S&W or even the .45ACP? So therefore, the .45G.A.P. is basically equivalent to the .45ACP, but yet...a Glock 37 grip will fit more people's hands than a Glock 21 grip will.

If that is the case, why doesn't the .45G.A.P. pass the .45ACP in gun sales? I mean...if it's more operator friendly (i.e. grip size) and the effectiveness is basically equivalent to the .45ACP anyway. :ugh2:

mmchambers06

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So you're saying that the 9mm is basically equivalent to a .40S&W or even the .45ACP? So therefore, the .45G.A.P. is basically equivalent to the .45ACP, but yet...a Glock 37 grip will fit more people's hands than a Glock 21 grip will.

By 'basically equivalent' I think he's just saying that handgun calibers suck as far as killin' goes. Whether it's a .45 ACP or a 9mm, it's still like stabbing someone with a pencil and there's a pretty good chance they're going to need more than one.

I don't think the supposed performance increases are worth the effort of new calibers.

Latest posts

Top Bottom