The .45 G.A.P.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woody's Janitor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I guess I'm an @$%&*# oddball because I have a G38 and love it. It shoots great and it fits my hand. I also bought it pretty cheap from an law officer in Georgia.

SoonersFan32064

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know i'm a little late to the discussion but whats all the huff about. Dude, if you want a .45GAP get a .45GAP. A bullet is a bullet it doesnt matter what size or how fast it is. As long as you do YOUR part in the accuracy department it will do the things you want/need it to do.

And it doesn't matter if its a .45GAP, .45ACP, 9MM, or even a .22....if you cant hit the large side of a barn with it ....no matter what the size of the projectile, its worthless...plain and simple

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
got an email from glockngtsgt from glocktalk, when I asked if he had anymore of the Glock 37's he had for sell. Said they got some more in, these were excellent to like new condition, 3 mags, night sights, for $349 shipped. Bout the best I have seen in price.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The GAP is gaining popularity in Law Enforcement. Florida Highway Patrol has just been issued 4th Generation G-37's for duty use. If the information I was given is correct, they just gave up their Beretta .40's for the GAP.

This is not the first agency to adopt the GAP as a duty weapon. I don't see it going away any time soon. I just wish the brass would migrate this way quicker. I have about 5000 rounds of it right now and looking for more.

Personally, I like it a lot. It has all the benefits of the ACP with a smaller grip and slightly larger magazine capacity. I shoot my G-37 in the monthly IPSC match at Tri-City every month. It's always funny when someone brings me a piece of my brass with a funny look on their face and says "what the heck is that you're shooting". And the discussion takes off from there.

I like the ACP cartridge as well when I shoot a Glock, but the 1911 platform and I just do not get along. I don't know what it is, but with any other handgun, I can shoot expert every time, but not with a 1911 style. I have owned several and gotten rid of them because I can't hit anything with them.

alank2

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi,

I wouldn't personally consider the GAP for three reasons:

#1 - It is already loaded to +P pressures but delivers non +P performance.

#2 - The thick slide is as difficult as a large farme to conceal.

#3 - The semi staggered magazine holds considerably less rounds than a true double stack.

If you have to have a larger caliber I'd go with the 40s&w like a G22 or G23 and use 180gr which are heavier and have a less snappy recoil impulse.

Good luck,

Alan

liliysdad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The GAP is gaining popularity in Law Enforcement. Florida Highway Patrol has just been issued 4th Generation G-37's for duty use. If the information I was given is correct, they just gave up their Beretta .40's for the GAP.

This is not the first agency to adopt the GAP as a duty weapon. I don't see it going away any time soon. I just wish the brass would migrate this way quicker. I have about 5000 rounds of it right now and looking for more.

Personally, I like it a lot. It has all the benefits of the ACP with a smaller grip and slightly larger magazine capacity. I shoot my G-37 in the monthly IPSC match at Tri-City every month. It's always funny when someone brings me a piece of my brass with a funny look on their face and says "what the heck is that you're shooting". And the discussion takes off from there.

I like the ACP cartridge as well when I shoot a Glock, but the 1911 platform and I just do not get along. I don't know what it is, but with any other handgun, I can shoot expert every time, but not with a 1911 style. I have owned several and gotten rid of them because I can't hit anything with them.

From what I can tell, the limited acceptance of the GAP by select agencies has more to do with the amazing deals offered by Glock to these agencies, than any real performance advantage. It has been out for a few years now, and Glock saw the opportunity to circulate them in the rough economy.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
got an email from glockngtsgt from glocktalk, when I asked if he had anymore of the Glock 37's he had for sell. Said they got some more in, these were excellent to like new condition, 3 mags, night sights, for $349 shipped. Bout the best I have seen in price.

That's tempting.

SSgrock, you ALWAYS have the skinny on good deals. Thank you.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
From what I can tell, the limited acceptance of the GAP by select agencies has more to do with the amazing deals offered by Glock to these agencies, than any real performance advantage. It has been out for a few years now, and Glock saw the opportunity to circulate them in the rough economy.

Thats pretty much what happened with the Georgia State Patrol, and all that was done was to trade back in their G22/G27's for the GAP.

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I had a 37 for a little while, it was actually one of the first ipsc guns I used. Its a soft shooter. I stopped shooting it when the ss guys would look at me all funny and throw brass at me when I wasnt looking.

Latest posts

Top Bottom