The Beautiful Humanity of Death Row

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

capnkirk462

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The level of distrust of government here tends to be pretty high, but then we're willing to trust that they'll get it right when putting people to death? I don't get it. They should do bread and water hard time, imo. That would be miserable, but also correctable when the crooked a$$ system screws the pooch.

okcBob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Keep twisting
Twisting? lol. It’s all in the posts.

#17 said he is ok with the odd innocent man being executed, than to not execute the majority of the guilty.

#20 I said that is the opposite of US legal standard that errs on the side of protecting the innocent. Its better to let 10 guilty persons go free then to punish one innocent.
I also said his views mirrored the Khmer Rouge slogan -better to kill an innocent by mistake then spare an enemy by mistake. I even cited the quote & page # from Pol Pots Little Red book.

That’s it. Plain as day, pretty simple.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Twisting? lol. It’s all in the posts.

#17 said he is ok with the odd innocent man being executed, than to not execute the majority of the guilty.

#20 I said that is the opposite of US legal standard that errs on the side of protecting the innocent. Its better to let 10 guilty persons go free then to punish one innocent.
I also said his views mirrored the Khmer Rouge slogan -better to kill an innocent by mistake then spare an enemy by mistake. I even cited the quote & page # from Pol Pots Little Red book.

That’s it. Plain as day, pretty simple.
Hard agree. If you can't as an innocent person, put yourself and your family in the shoes of another innocent person being sentenced and put to death by the state, you should really be questioning your humanity. Remember, we have a legal system, not a "justice" system. I don't know how many times I have to say that. SMH...

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hard agree. If you can't as an innocent person, put yourself and your family in the shoes of another innocent person being sentenced and put to death by the state, you should really be questioning your humanity. Remember, we have a legal system, not a "justice" system. I don't know how many times I have to say that. SMH...
Quote I remember & like: Ask not for justice, for you, too, will be judged.

Latest posts

Top Bottom