The Day After...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No excuse BB....no Excuse. :comfort::angry3:

Haha!

Even now, or maybe I should say especially now, I'm not "good" with fictional crap ... Folks who quote passages from "One Second After" or anything of James Wesley pause wait for it comma Rawles wear me thin ... Especially when there are so many REAL LIFE situations and CURRENT EVENTS they could draw some REAL lessons from ... Argentina, just about any place in Africa, any number of situations that have befallen the people in the Middle East, Cyprus, Greece, Bosnia, and on and on ...

I suspect it's because when folks read fiction they can put it down and in the back of their minds say ... "Well, maybe that could happen and it's kinda scary ... but really it IS just fiction ..."

When you read FerFal's accounts of his real life experiences or Selco's accounts of his real life experiences, or some of the bloggers out there who are in Greece, Venezula or the Ukraine, just to name a few, it's quite a gut check ... And not one you can calm yourself by saying "Oh well, in the end, that scenario was just the figment of someone's very active imagination ..."

subprep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I haven't seen it either I will have to check it out.
BB I see your point about over active imaginations, but my daughter read a book in middle school I think it was actually called the day after LOL I forget anyway it was about a comet or something hitting the moon and it knocked it out of orbit and closer to the earth, Long story short it went into detail about how people were trying to survive and get food water medical etc. My daughter was on me from then on about having groceries in the pantry and I swear she was ready to become a full on doomsday prepper after reading that book before those shows were ever on tv LOL

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Haha!

Even now, or maybe I should say especially now, I'm not "good" with fictional crap ... Folks who quote passages from "One Second After" or anything of James Wesley pause wait for it comma Rawles wear me thin ... Especially when there are so many REAL LIFE situations and CURRENT EVENTS they could draw some REAL lessons from ... Argentina, just about any place in Africa, any number of situations that have befallen the people in the Middle East, Cyprus, Greece, Bosnia, and on and on ...

I suspect it's because when folks read fiction they can put it down and in the back of their minds say ... "Well, maybe that could happen and it's kinda scary ... but really it IS just fiction ..."

When you read FerFal's accounts of his real life experiences or Selco's accounts of his real life experiences, or some of the bloggers out there who are in Greece, Venezula or the Ukraine, just to name a few, it's quite a gut check ... And not one you can calm yourself by saying "Oh well, in the end, that scenario was just the figment of someone's very active imagination ..."

This is so true. Its kinda hard sometimes to stay grounded and prep for real shtf things and things that may happen if shtf.

I guess thats the nature of prepping though. its a world of blurred imaginations, probability and what if's.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I haven't seen it either I will have to check it out.
BB I see your point about over active imaginations, but my daughter read a book in middle school I think it was actually called the day after LOL I forget anyway it was about a comet or something hitting the moon and it knocked it out of orbit and closer to the earth, Long story short it went into detail about how people were trying to survive and get food water medical etc. My daughter was on me from then on about having groceries in the pantry and I swear she was ready to become a full on doomsday prepper after reading that book before those shows were ever on tv LOL

LOL ... I'd like to have seen that. Kids are great when they get the "bug" to do anything! They are "all in" no matter what it is!

This is so true. Its kinda hard sometimes to stay grounded and prep for real shtf things and things that may happen if shtf.

I guess thats the nature of prepping though. its a world of blurred imaginations, probability and what if's.

Yep. You are so right. The statistical chances of a tornado hitting my house are slim, based on the last 15 years' empirical evidence, but I still prep for a tornado. I'm much more likely, based on personal experience, to be "taken out" by an ice storm ... or the neighbor's oak tree ... :P

Latest posts

Top Bottom