The Desecration of Charlton Heston

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hee Haw needs to sue them for copyright infringement.

Oh... and that was not even funny at all. Just a pathetic display of backwards politics.

deli_llama

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I usually hate the response videos, but that statement by colionnoir was very good, and intelligent. Jim Carrey's disrespectful music video was inappropriate, slanderous, and disrespectful. I can respect him for standing for what he believes to be right, and I might still watch his shows, but to piss on the very people that contributed to your fame is uncalled for, and shouldn't be forgiven. I am not a big boycott-all-that-disagree-with-me proponent, but if you don't offer respect to fellow employees (in this case another actor) or your fans, I have no time for you. No more Jim Carrey movies for me.

Ace_on_the_Turn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I also cannot think of a movie he has been in where he did not fire a weapon. Interesting paradox there.

That got me thinking. With very few exceptions, like The Mask, I can't really think of any movie in which he fired a weapon.

Here's a few I'm pretty sure that he didn't fire a weapon.
Once Bitten
Peggy Sue Got Married
The Dead Pool
Earth Girls Are Easy
Ace Ventura: Pet Detective
Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls
Liar Liar
The Truman Show
Simon Birch
Man on the Moon
The Majestic
Bruce Almighty
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events
Yes Man
I Love You Phillip Morris
A Christmas Carol
Mr. Popper's Penguins
The Incredible Burt Wonderstone

3inSlugger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Since when was Heston a God whose glory allowed him to be desecrated? That's a very strong word.

Cold dead hands is a stupid statement anyway, your hands will still be warm when the paramilitary takes your gun away.

Molon labe is much more defiant and true.

deli_llama

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That got me thinking. With very few exceptions, like The Mask, I can't really think of any movie in which he fired a weapon.

Here's a few I'm pretty sure that he didn't fire a weapon.
Once Bitten
Peggy Sue Got Married
The Dead Pool
Earth Girls Are Easy
Ace Ventura: Pet Detective
Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls
Liar Liar
The Truman Show
Simon Birch
Man on the Moon
The Majestic
Bruce Almighty
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events
Yes Man
I Love You Phillip Morris
A Christmas Carol
Mr. Popper's Penguins
The Incredible Burt Wonderstone

I am pretty sure he handled a fire arm in Bruce Almighty, Skeet shooting was one of the activities he enjoyed in Yes Man, I believe he used one in the Truman show. But your point is valid. There are far more movies that he did not handle or fire a firearm, however his warm live hands are not innocent of the pleasures of steel.

Latest posts

Top Bottom