The effect of long term unemployment and free stimulus money

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Enid has a new chain restaurant called J.T Coltons. Mom and dad like to eat there and one of the waitresses cleans houses part time. She cleans mom and dads house and told them that they are closing at least part time because they can’t get anyone to work.
Next, Edmond has a brand new Burger King that has closed the dining room because they can’t get help, drive thru only. So, what is the future of businesses that primarily rely on minimum wage workers?

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Enid has a new chain restaurant called J.T Coltons. Mom and dad like to eat there and one of the waitresses cleans houses part time. She cleans mom and dads house and told them that they are closing at least part time because they can’t get anyone to work.
Next, Edmond has a brand new Burger King that has closed the dining room because they can’t get help, drive thru only. So, what is the future of businesses that primarily rely on minimum wage workers?

I heard somewhere, Florida maybe, McDonalds was paying people $50 to interview. You know you are hiring top-shelf when you have to pay them to show up and interview. It's logical though, make more sitting on your butt, why work.

Hodrod

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No reason to work if you can get more money by not working....it sure wasn't this way when I was in the labor market. The federal government wants everyone dependent on them....more control that way for the powers that be.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Based on cursory observation, whoever succeeds Biden and Harris is going to inherit a bucket of worms. Borrowing money and spending it on things that are unnecessary will soon ruin us.
Top 30 countries with the highest national debt per person
Search:
Rank Country National Debt ($USD) Population Debt per Citizen ($USD)
1 Japan 11356100000000 126847639 89525.51
2 United States 23181702300000 330315550 70180.48
3 Belgium 582394396000 11541060 50462.82
4 United Kingdom 3323941450000 67544062 49211.45
5 Italy 2854654800000 60547216

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't know about elsewhere, but fast food in Lawton doesn't pay minimum wage. Even McD's in town start at $11, be making $13 in a year. Even walmart starts pay in that $11-$13 gap now in Oklahoma.

skyhawk1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have been running an ad for several weeks with minimal response and the few that do respond don't show up for interview or not anywhere near qualified. Looking for part time person with accounting experience, QuickBooks a must. People today think it is great to show they have worked at 8 or 10 different places in the last 5 years. Have had more than one tell me "That is experience" !!

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Most places pay more than minimum now. The guy that mows my yard had his partner quit because he could live on unemployment. Also have lawyers "selling disability" on TV all day long.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was at the Oreilly auto warehouse today picking up parts.
I talked to the lady about being short handed because of the long wait.
She told me they can't find any one that will work.
They train them and show them where stuff is and they work 1 day and never come back.

I asked her about the drug testing now that Mary Jane is legal in Oklahoma and she said it is not Legal federally
and it is not legal if you want to work at Oreilly and you must pass a drug test.

She said one guy said he was going to get his medical mary jane card soon and she said DO NOT even waste your time applying.

I know many pot smokers (I am not one) and the majority of them are a bit lazy and seem to always need help with bills
or something else.
Now there are the odd ducks out that function fine on mood altering things.
Just saying.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Robots as much as possible. When those extra benefits run out a whole lot of people are going to be SOL.

Latest posts

Top Bottom