The end of Lurker66?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some apparently know exactly where the edge of the envelope is and some don't. So, SlugSlinger started a thread to 'boast' (my words) about Lurker66 being banned by saying "good riddance" (his words this time). He (SS) violated 3 out of the top 4 rules, depending on what point of view you take with it. Then to take it further, he posts a Simpsons vid laughing about it? Seems like being a (#1) dick and (#2) carrying things too far and (#4) being nasty. Maybe the 3rd time is a charm for being put into timeout. I mean...damn.

and then Lurker got busted by violating most of the rules above on post #31. so I get it. a private area on OSA and this thread would never have been this heated/created.

I don't have a dog in the fight, but damn, damn.

Bingo

This thread was created for the purpose of taunting a temporarily banned member and gloating over it.

Talk about being dickish

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We don't see what goes on in the moderator section....so forgive me if I'm wrong.
It was like there wasn't hardly any oversight for months and then all of the sudden it was a banfest.
Just what it seemed like, well at least to me.

I'm not bitching. For the most part I stay clear of the edge of the cliff. I'm just telling you what it looked like to me.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
From my own point of view, the op attacked a banned guy who couldn't defend himself. When the ban came undone the unbanned guy made a joke. The joke was more profane but less mean-spirited than the op. No big deal. I LAWLD [if that's how you spell that.]

I agree, I laughed and then thought 'oh crap, he gone again'.

Then the Simpson haha cartoon and nothing?

I have made a comment or 2 that I wouldn't have been too surprised to have received a vaca because of, but didn't. So, rules relaxed some. I believed.

I would offer up 1 suggestion. Maybe it should be a PM or in the suggestion box but,

A permaban requires approval of 2 additional Mods or JB?

I like it here. Try to contribute some. Don't always agree with everything or everyone. (what fun would that be?) Wish I could meet most of you in person. Believe we have more in common than not or we wouldn't be here.

Totally amazes me this thread has gone on for 7 pages.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I want to see an open forum like Thunderdome..... 2 men enter....1 man leave.

Kind of like this?

i479.photobucket.com_albums_rr155_OldFart_57_Omphalopagu_zpsbaf101f3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom