The FBI didn’t finish over 1 million gun background checks in time to stop a sale in 2020 and 2021

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
So what are they doing when a NICS check is called or sent in? Everyone going through an FFL has to do it. It doesn't make a lick of sense. Sounds like fake news or it sounds like they just said F it.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What their saying is once the 4473 is sent in and a hold is placed and after the 3 or 5 ( I forget which)waiting is over and the FFL releases the firearm to the buyer the ATF is suppose to finish the check and if it is denied get back with the FFL and see if the buyer will return if not then the LE will come hunt you down, But their not doing that on alot of cases. I know a guy here locally went 3 years that way til he draw attention to himself trying to sell the guns and a local LE seen it and knew he wasnt suppose to have guns and went and arrested him, now he is in fed pen.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You do realize that it is some low level clerks doing the checks, not the Director’s office. Nothing more than more work than the current staff can handle in a timely manner.

But it is a lot more fun to throw rocks…..
Why aren't they pulling agents in to do the backlog of NICS checks?

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh my, really? Just what are they registering, and why only such a small number? This is nothing more than another government system that is understaffed and poorly managed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom