The "Good Life." What does that mean to you?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Like others here, we are living it. The wife and I retired together last June 30 and are in good health, now enjoying the beauty that is Colorado. Plan to spend a few years here and then hook up to our home (our luxury fifth wheel RV) and travel to see more of this great country. While some want an acreage on which to retire and enjoy life, we plan to use our retirement to enjoy as much of the acreage of the United States (and possibly Canada) for as long as we can. After all, why limit oneself to just a "few" acres.

We are far from rich, and don't even wish to be, but we have some nice things that make us happy. If I were to break down and actually buy a lottery ticket that was a winner, I imagine that 90-some percent of what I won would go to charitable causes.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Make enough money to be comfortable and do most reasonable things a man can dream of while being able to provide a positive lifestyle for my family. That would be plenty for me!

THIS.

My life is damn near perfect. Awesome wife, great kids and one helluva grandson. I live out in the sticks with no nosey neighbors and no noisy traffic and lots and lots of purdy, star filled sky worthy of gazing at every night by a nice fire in the chiminea.

I just need to find a different profession so's dat I can makes mo' money. :woohoo1:

colb

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I live the good life now. I don't have everything I want. But my dad used to say, don't worry about what you don't have. Learn to be happy with what you do have.

I live in the city, with my fiance and 3 year old. Moving to the country is in our plans, but I have no complaints.

Lead Slinger

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Contentment. Sometimes I just think to myself, when things are good or bad, isn't it awesome I don't have an abscessed tooth, a 104.5 fever, a compound fracture, firerhea, poison ivy, and so on. Even if I had 3 of those things, at least I don't have them all. Even if I did, I've learned to never forget that it can always be worse. So there is always reason to be glad.

briarcreekguy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've always lived in the country. I've watched many people move to the cities to make money, only to end up back in the small towns they started off in. The money didn't make them happy. I figured out at an early age that work is just trading your life for cash. I don't have to have the best and newest of everything to be happy. It used to be access to good books that made me happy, but the internet and Amazon have made that much simpler. I guess if I could have everything I wanted, it would be the love of a good woman, a job that provided for my simple tastes and allowed my to come and go as needed, good health and a little cabin on the piece of land that I own.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
THIS.

My life is damn near perfect. Awesome wife, great kids and one helluva grandson. I live out in the sticks with no nosey neighbors and no noisy traffic and lots and lots of purdy, star filled sky worthy of gazing at every night by a nice fire in the chiminea.

I just need to find a different profession so's dat I can makes mo' money. :woohoo1:

Author?

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What's your ideal life? (Within reason, models and jets. aside.)

477 uploads since yesterday. It's the free read thing, you know. No money in it for me, but I wasn't prepared for the numbers. Didn't think anyone would ever read it.

That's the "Good Life" I suppose. You know, like someone who accumulates a lot of likes on Facebook.

Latest posts

Top Bottom