The increased cost of vehicle maintenance

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Angler2312

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I buy a car it is cheap.
Usually a junker that needs fixed and I fix it and drive it until someone buys it from me for more money than I have invested in it.

To me that is the only way to come out ahead and not lose any money on buying a car.
I have been offered OVER $30,000 more than my out of pocket for my old truck. I have $4,500 into.

During the pandemic many people sold vehicles for more than they bought them for that is a win.
Anytime you sell a vehicle for less than you have in it you lost money.

I DO NOT care what the book worth value is as that is made up crap to make people feel good about going in the hole.

In order to say a good investment is there you must make more $$$ than you spent.

I have only lost $1200 on a vehicle in my life and that was a 1976 Corvette I sold to a friend.
Sold it for what I paid and tossed in 1200 worth of interior parts.

He still has it with tunnel-ram sticking out of the hood with 2 600cfm carbs on it :)
I used to buy cars at auctions........100-500$........drive it them until they died and leave them on the side of the road..........drove an old 98 for 2 years once.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I used to buy cars at auctions........100-500$........drive it them until they died and leave them on the side of the road..........drove an old 98 for 2 years once.
Man I know the days.
I drove many $75 cars for thousands of miles and many years and even delivered for Godfathers Pizza in them.
by the time I was 24 I had owned over 250 vehicles.
So many cheap cars back then.
Many years I would rack up 70,000 miles on 1 vehicle and the wife drove her own pick of the litter and averaged more miles than I did.
I quit counting when she hit 67,000 miles in 11 months on just one of them.

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well this got interesting….

As far as the vehicle stuff, at my house we drive old Toyotas. I work on them myself. Maintenance on my family fleet is kinda one of my hobbies I guess. But then again I’m blue collar so I enjoy physical work and I’m inclined to save that small fortune by doing all of my own work that I can.

Newer vehicles don’t do much for me and my 1st gen tacos should go over 300k no problem

Latest posts

Top Bottom