The Lack of "Community" on OSA

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OSA is the safe place. Thats why it is so heavily moderated.

You're abrasive opinions won't hurt anyone there. Promise.

Not sure which site you're talking about but I've pissed off a ton of people here over the years...... only got banned once..... and that was a completely diferent set of mods than we have now lol.

As far as being agreeable.....all I can say is that my wife is a saint...... but I have spilt some beer with members here. Even taught J.P. how to shoot.

Last edited:

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would have to say it is the Mods that kill this forum and have for the past few years. I am an American Indian, why would I want to join a forum that has a Mod that thinks racism is a big joke and never happens. It's different if a member has that opinion, but when a Mod does, it pushes people away. If you do not believe me read the white privilege thread and lots of things that the Fatboy tactical Mod says on here.

I do not think that racism is a joke, BUT, I do think that white privilege is an excuse used by many people who have not been handed the success that the feel that they deserve.

Here is my radically racist comments from the White Privilege thread.
Liberals must really be proud. They've convinced young white Americans that being white is a privilege. That being white guarantees a person a good job. That being white makes a person immune to police brutality. That being white means that we can point guns at the police without fear of being shot.

So. Much. ********.

That's odd, I have been passed over for a promotion because I'm white. I was even told that the other candidate was promoted because I am white. I've never been arrested, but I probably should have been a couple of times. In the last 5 years my redneck self has received two speeding tickets by redneck cops in Kansas. My broke ass parents were my privilege.

FredNOk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Even if it has changed quite a bit since I joined it, I still think of this forum as a decent community.
I've bought, sold, traded, and given away items, but I've also met some great people as well. I've
learned alot about guns and ammo, the laws of the land, who to poke at and who's too serious to put
up with me too. I live in small town Duncan and this forum is my escape when I can't get away from
home. I've learned to take the good with the bad and that change is permanent. Sometimes it's hard
to adjust to the changes, but we usually overcome and continue onward if we want to. I do tend to
drop out from time to time, but I don't forget you guys and gals from OSA. Thanks for being there for me!
I hope I've provided some needed service to other OSAers as well, no matter who peed in the punch bowl.
There is always that one person that rubs you the wrong way. LOL :)

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I should run all Oklahoma forums. Because I have such a high opinion of myself.

I get my feelers hurt easily, though. Still, I'm better than all you losers.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Even if it has changed quite a bit since I joined it, I still think of this forum as a decent community.
I've bought, sold, traded, and given away items, but I've also met some great people as well. I've
learned alot about guns and ammo, the laws of the land, who to poke at and who's too serious to put
up with me too. I live in small town Duncan and this forum is my escape when I can't get away from
home. I've learned to take the good with the bad and that change is permanent. Sometimes it's hard
to adjust to the changes, but we usually overcome and continue onward if we want to. I do tend to
drop out from time to time, but I don't forget you guys and gals from OSA. Thanks for being there for me!
I hope I've provided some needed service to other OSAers as well, no matter who peed in the punch bowl.

I've met a lot of great people here, many of which I visit with daily outside of OSA.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

FedNOk - I think this is my sentiment too. Look, there are some new people here and a there is a different feel but it isn't all bad. If this site made it a condition that to participate here I couldn't participate w/Bartertown then I'd say "get bent" and I'd get gone - likewise with Bartertown regarding OSA but that isn't the case. I'll also point out since I am relatively speaking a new guy that 4 years ago it was plainly obvious that newbies got the beat down quick from the old guard on OSA (members not mods). The real problems/dissatisfaction seemed to come when some of the Old Guard received a little of their own medicine from a changing management.
I've met nice folks here and on B'Town (in fact many came from here). But there are decent people here too and new ones every day. Some of the distinctions being drawn are just not as obvious or significant if one isn't deeply invested in things that happened long ago. I hope both sites prosper and members of either site, or both sites, enjoy their interactions.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
FedNOk - I think this is my sentiment too. Look, there are some new people here and a there is a different feel but it isn't all bad. If this site made it a condition that to participate here I couldn't participate w/Bartertown then I'd say "get bent" and I'd get gone - likewise with Bartertown regarding OSA but that isn't the case. I'll also point out since I am relatively speaking a new guy that 4 years ago it was plainly obvious that newbies got the beat down quick from the old guard on OSA (members not mods). The real problems/dissatisfaction seemed to come when some of the Old Guard received a little of their own medicine from a changing management.
I've met nice folks here and on B'Town (in fact many came from here). But there are decent people here too and new ones every day. Some of the disticntions being drawn are just not as obvious or significant if one isn't deeply invested in things that happened long ago. I hope both sites prosper and members of either site, or both sites, enjoy their interactions.
Well said.

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well Im new here and I like what I have seen so far. There does not seem to be a lot going on in here but what is here I can relate to. Its real nice to be able to talk about local events and who has what in stock and so forth. I have nothing in common with people in far away lands such as Cali or NY. Even if were gun guys, were still not the same gun guys. I appreciate a good debate and like differences in opinion because I like to learn and I know Im not always right. But I digress...

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well Im new here and I like what I have seen so far. There does not seem to be a lot going on in here but what is here I can relate to. Its real nice to be able to talk about local events and who has what in stock and so forth. I have nothing in common with people in far away lands such as Cali or NY. Even if were gun guys, were still not the same gun guys. I appreciate a good debate and like differences in opinion because I like to learn and I know Im not always right. But I digress...

I'm one of those guys from New York...in fact, New York City. I spent 24 years in the USAF and have been in civil service here for 5 years now. One thing I learned is that we just aren't that different once you scratch a little below the surface. However, as far as trading, shooting events, local laws impacting shooting, etc. I agree with you - its always good to stay in touch with the local community because, heck, it is where you wake up and go to sleep every day so it does touch you a lot more.

Latest posts

Top Bottom