The new Christian Forum

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It so funny to see so many religious folks get worked up against name calling when their the ones doing it...classless, disgusting... bigots, etc.. I guess it's the Christian thing to do. See that's part of the problem. Religious people will step all over atheist's and think its no big deal. I bet you do it every day. But when they get called on it, they act offended. I tell you what. Don't come to my house, don't spread your good word. When an Atheist tells you the truth about your religion, its offensive. Then don't ask, and don't tell me about what you think. I do believe religion spreads hate.....there are many extremist Muslims and Christians who tell people how they are going to hell or are somehow beneath them. I thought your bible said don't judge?

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
po·lit·i·cal cor·rect·ness

the avoidance, often considered as taken to extremes, of forms of expression or action that are perceived to exclude, marginalize, or insult groups of people who are socially disadvantaged or discriminated against.

I suppose we can go ahead classify our local christian members as "socially disadvantaged" or "discriminated against" and pull off one of those PC coups we always gripe against.

Heck, maybe we should have a quota system.
Every thread has to contain a certain number of christians or no one can post in it.

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I believe....that my religious beliefs are none of your business. I believe that based on your statements above, that you would make a good Muslim. I do not take offense to negative comments about my God, through his grace I have learned to turn the other cheek. I take offense to people using my God as an excuse to exclude and hate others.

Sorry, but you made it my and everyone else's business when you debated religious theology in a religion based topic on a public forum. A simple answer about your beliefs would have gone a long way towards helping me understand the context of your posts in this and every other Christianity themed thread.

I honestly do not see how you affiliate a person being offended by his God being blasphemed as something radical (no correlation to Islam here). Did I infer that any sort of retaliation was due? Do you not have any emotional reaction to a loved one being slandered? Same difference...

I get the feeling there seems to be some underlying animosity towards me and anyone else who suggests that they are a Christian on this forum. I was raised in a Christian household where my father was very much soured on organized Christianity and the views and behavior of those in the church. Because of that I believe that we may have more in common than you think.

Last edited:

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It so funny to see so many religious folks get worked up against name calling when their the ones doing it...classless, disgusting... bigots, etc.. I guess it's the Christian thing to do.

Since you are quoting from my post...I was not calling the non-religious (or people of other religious affiliations) classless or disgusting so stop twisting my words. I was referring to the irreverent comments like Lawd Jezus and Sayvur...posting crap like that is nothing but crass. I would supply you with a few example quotes but most of them get cleaned up fairly quickly by the mods.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Since you are quoting from my post...I was not calling the non-religious (or people of other religious affiliations) classless or disgusting so stop twisting my words. I was referring to the irreverent comments like Lawd Jezus and Sayvur...posting crap like that is nothing but crass. I could supply you with a few example quotes but most of them get cleaned up fairly quickly by the mods.

The original poster of this thread has a sig line that is grade-school innuendo for cunnilingus. I think we can stop with the whining about crassness being brought to this thread.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Also, you're being "attacked" by more Christians than atheists. Many of you are assuming any opposition in this thread is coming from atheists. Another weird element of this thread.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There would be no need for a "Christians-only" sub forum if a handful of individuals would simply act like adults and stop the incessant trolling and disrespectful behavior...this applies to both sides.

As a Christian, I am repulsed at some of the irreverent comments that are being made (not just in this thread) towards believers or about their God. I am also sick and tired of the insinuation that all followers of Christ are all weak minded, brain-washed, spiritually abusive, hypocritical bigots. I honestly feel that is unfortunate that your experiences in life have left you with these feelings. What is even more unfortunate is that your interactions with other imperfect men have led you to form a negative opinion about my God.

In all fairness, did anyone say ALL? Granted there have been significant populations over time but I don't know of anyone that said ALL?

If anyone was truly trolling this thread would've been locked a long time ago, except for K9 of course... he's always fun. I don't understand the victim mentality here as it seems any sort of objectiveness or injection of history and an endless stream of victims come out of the woodwork. Sorry, but this is a general discussion forum with all sorts of people relaying opinions all sorts of subjects. If people can't handle the valid criticisms without deflecting to a wounded duck act then they should in fact go to a stand alone forum.

As for all of the dislike for Christians who openly share their faith...sorry if you are offended, but it is expected of us.

and here inlies the problem IMO.... you are trying to "share" it with everyone and some or many, may not be asking you to. Again, except for example, a prayer thread, and that's completely respected. Just be prepared that you may try to share it with someone who may know enough about history and their own spirituality to relay a little reality. I wonder how much pushback I'd get if I started quoting scientific facts at a local church? Ever had an Agnostic knock on your door preaching to you about the dangers of religion on Saturday morning? Yeah... um no.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's something funny. Go to the search bar and type "mooslim" and see how many results you get. What was that word? Crass?

Oh, the poor Christians that make up the majority of this forum, state, and country having to deal with crass behavior. The persecution must be unreal.

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Since you are quoting from my post...I was not calling the non-religious (or people of other religious affiliations) classless or disgusting so stop twisting my words. I was referring to the irreverent comments like Lawd Jezus and Sayvur...posting crap like that is nothing but crass. I would supply you with a few example quotes but most of them get cleaned up fairly quickly by the mods.

Again, you get mad at name calling, but you do it yourself...so stop whining.

Latest posts

Top Bottom