The New Fast Foods without Dining Rooms

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Uncle TK

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
1717234628589.png

1717234654766.png

1717234684302.png

Use your phone app to order & pay.
Or the traditional way. (In the future this options will go away)

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The world moves. The old folks before us were uncomfortable with some of those changes. Now that we are the old folks we are uncomfortable with some of the changes we see happening. When today's kids are old folks they will be uncomfortable with changes they see happening. 🤷 I'm starting to think EVERYONE has "Get off my lawn" moments -- not just old white guys. 😉

GorillaG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The world moves. The old folks before us were uncomfortable with some of those changes. Now that we are the old folks we are uncomfortable with some of the changes we see happening. When today's kids are old folks they will be uncomfortable with changes they see happening. 🤷 I'm starting to think EVERYONE has "Get off my lawn" moments -- not just old white guys. 😉
Granted change is inevitable. Sinatra hated Elvis upon his arrival but grew to appreciate him. His pet peeve was singers who don't enunciate so I'm pretty sure Louie Louie wasn't on his jukebox. I just read that Paul McCartneys father was a musician and asked him " wouldn't it sound much better if you sang She Loves You Yes Yes Yes?" I had teenage sisters as a young boy so I grew up loving music from the 60's and 70's and even the 50's although I heard that 2nd hand. I know every generation hates the new music but the music my kids listened to was horrendous. We've reached an era where not only do you not need actual musical ability it seems to be resented. One of my sons was in several bands and I feigned appreciation to be supportive but all they did was SCREAM it was torture, and most rap is just an excuse for the talentless who can't sing to talk their way to success. Sorry but I grew up when the focus was on the deepness of love for each other not drugs, sex, and money. I liked those things but music was for emotion not the crassness of life. The kids all stand on my lawn waiting for the bus....it doesn't bother me, but the depth and the rapidity to which our culture is in a free fall does. I live in Oklahoma anyway, it's not actually grass, just closely mowed weeds....

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Granted change is inevitable. Sinatra hated Elvis upon his arrival but grew to appreciate him. His pet peeve was singers who don't enunciate so I'm pretty sure Louie Louie wasn't on his jukebox. I just read that Paul McCartneys father was a musician and asked him " wouldn't it sound much better if you sang She Loves You Yes Yes Yes?" I had teenage sisters as a young boy so I grew up loving music from the 60's and 70's and even the 50's although I heard that 2nd hand. I know every generation hates the new music but the music my kids listened to was horrendous. We've reached an era where not only do you not need actual musical ability it seems to be resented. One of my sons was in several bands and I feigned appreciation to be supportive but all they did was SCREAM it was torture, and most rap is just an excuse for the talentless who can't sing to talk their way to success. Sorry but I grew up when the focus was on the deepness of love for each other not drugs, sex, and money. I liked those things but music was for emotion not the crassness of life. The kids all stand on my lawn waiting for the bus....it doesn't bother me, but the depth and the rapidity to which our culture is in a free fall does. I live in Oklahoma anyway, it's not actually grass, just closely mowed weeds....
I LOVE rap ... 🤷 Believe it or not there is quite a bit of musical talent to it. Just not the way us old timers are used to.

Latest posts

Top Bottom