Is this a legit reply from 'Marlin'

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chief Sapulpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where they bust the sod in South Tulsa County.
They either don’t care or they can’t do anything about it. There are a couple each out there for both Browning and Henry and they have been active for several years.

At one time Henry had a warning on their website about them not selling direct, but the scam sites persist.
CZ too.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Haven’t seen that one, but the Browning and Henry ones look 100% legit, if you don’t know how to recognize a scam.

I had a friend that should have known better send me a link to his cart to look over before he ordered a wicked wing from one of the Browning sites. I’d seen it before so I recognized it immediately or he would have sent them the money. The Henry ones are also very well done.

One clue you can almost always count on, they always have everything in stock, regardless of how hard it is to find elsewhere. I think that’s probably how they get folks. Somebody is desperate to own something and they show it as available, so the desperate get separated from their money. Same goes for hard to find Bourbon.

Gotta be careful out there.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Your order was received a few minutes ago via our online store. It shall be processed as soon as possible.

The order is available in stock and once purchase is completed, your firearm gets registered immediately for delivery.

We suggest you download the Zelle App or set up your Zelle Account via Zelle® | A fast and easy way to send and receive money and proceed with payment for your order.

Zelle Email: [email protected]

Name: Chantel Stigler

Use your order number as reference/ reason of transfer.

After Payment Is Made, Please Make Sure You Forward To Us A Screenshot Image Or Picture Of The Completed Payment Transaction For Confirmation.

Your order will take a maximum of 3 days to arrive at your provided FFL/Gun store address after completion of purchase.

On seat agent; Chantel Stigler

Marlin Firearms Store USA Sales Department

On Tue, 5 Dec 2023 at 21:45 Marlin Firearms USA <[email protected]> wrote:

Well, your first post was preceded by a title that questioned whether the message was legit.

My first thought is that if I question some detail, it must be too good to be true and just move on.

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Your order was received a few minutes ago via our online store. It shall be processed as soon as possible.

The order is available in stock and once purchase is completed, your firearm gets registered immediately for delivery.

We suggest you download the Zelle App or set up your Zelle Account via Zelle® | A fast and easy way to send and receive money and proceed with payment for your order.

After Payment Is Made, Please Make Sure You Forward To Us A Screenshot Image Or Picture Of The Completed Payment Transaction For Confirmation.

Your order will take a maximum of 3 days to arrive at your provided FFL/Gun store address after completion of purchase.

I'm gonna say "NO!" Marlin rep should not have an Gmail email address.

Fr Mulcahy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Any online store that won't take a credit card but will take Zelle is going to take your money and deliver nothing.

There are a lot of these online stores like the one that you mention. They offer reloading components, ammunition, firearms, and other items that are in demand and in short supply. They accept anything but forms of payment that allow you recourse when they don't deliver.

Latest posts

Top Bottom