The Next American Civil War

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
The only civil war in American history was literally decades in the making, arguably as far back as the Three-Fifths Compromise. A great deal of blood was shed long before 1861 ("Bloody Kansas" was not a term first used by a Brit complaining about the wind in Kansas), and the political in-fightning (which meant actual FIGHTING in some sessions of Congress) was long and protracted. John Brown raided Harper's Ferry with the fervent hope that fellow Free-Soilers would rise up and take arms in his support. He was mistaken, despite the fact that such tensions had been rising for years. It takes a short-sighted view of history to be believe that this nation is at "the tipping point", or that it is anywhere near another American Civil War.

Normally I don't get into these much.

But I think it's more a mix of the Revolution and the Civil War than just the Civil War.

We have an imposing tax burden on the working class, that is nearing the unbearable point; and we have a lack of connection between us, the working class, and our representatives. Take the Health Care Reform Act. Not saying reform wasn't needed, but that there was a MASSIVE outcrying against the proposed (and now passed) legislation. They shoved it down our throats anyways.

If you look at the Revolution, the argument was over taxation, but the final straw was when the British tried to seize the American's guns. I don't know when, but the line in the sand will be when they try to take our weapons by force.

I think a growing portion of the gun culture is realizing that they've already taken some... ie, ATF registration for Class III arms; therefore we have no ground to give. Either they give ground, or we have to hold the line and say "Come and Take It... Over my Dead Body."

The question is, have we been pushed hard enough on taxation to make us mad enough to fight? And, will they push hard enough on gun control to trigger the "You can't have it" response?

As far as taxation goes, you can say we have been "decades in the making". Our national debt has gone up and up. There is a deficit pretty much constantly. At what point do the payers say "enough?"

Again, I think that will be when they try to remove our means of defense. Now, I still think nothing will pass this time; but the mind boggling response at the possibility of a ban tells you what the response will be.

My worry is that if it does happen now, we aren't as prepared as those in 1775 were.

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Unless the government tries to forcefully take our arms, I don't see us(pro-gunners) starting CW II. We are the law abiding..... That being said, there are other things that could trigger an escalating conflict.

Muskrat

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
ITs all in our face, black and white. READ the signs people.[/QUOTE]

I didn't go through Boy Scouts and not learn something.
"Being prepared..............."

Latest posts

Top Bottom