The "Off Grid" journey begins....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clock152

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Reminds me of some lots we bought at Lake Keystone a number of years back! Good Luck with it!
its gonna be fun for sure... the only thing I haven't worked out is the water situation. not sure they can drill a well since we are on a mountain side so I am guessing on using a rain catchment system.

clock152

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh man ... we are just itching to get at it ...

Congrats to you and the Mrs.!!

she is very excited about the place. She seen her first ever Road Runner while we were there.
And then I told her what all we needed to do before we could even think about getting a cabin up in here.... popped that balloon!

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
she is very excited about the place. She seen her first ever Road Runner while we were there.
And then I told her what all we needed to do before we could even think about getting a cabin up in here.... popped that balloon!

LOL ... I've been looking at acreages and cabin plans for the last month. We won't even be ready to buy for another 18 months at least but still!! I'm more excited than GC is and he's pretty amped. It's kinda nice to know that FINALLY ... after all the planning and plotting and scheming, we have finally gotten this house paid off, he is able to retire and we will be able to get the place we WANT instead of having to live in the place we have ...

GeneW

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not to bust your bubble, but consider if plenty of water or not, and nearby fire department. Right now TV has live video of the wildfires near I-35 & Waterloo.

That's a pretty place, I like it, but there is a con side to all that vegetation. Always trade offs.

Good luck yo you.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That area doesn't have a lot of wildfires. The rain that the rest of the state doesn't get, ends up there.

Good luck on your journey. You may be right thinking a cistern filled by runoff from your roof, and runoff from elsewhere may be your water source. OSU has some great plans on using/filtering water from a pond for the house. A guy I used to work with used a pond, and they drank the water after proper filtration.

subprep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
very awesome, I have been looking at land down south myself... Rent some goats. No lie they will have that underlying vegetation eaten down in two weeks.

Latest posts

Top Bottom