1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. All members receive 3 free listings a month. Get unlimited listings for just $10 a year! Click here for all the info.

The Official Airgun Thread v1.0

Discussion in 'Rimfire Weapons' started by sh00ter, Jul 8, 2020.

1. _CY_

_CY_ Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
  2. sh00ter

sh00ter Sharpshooter

Supporter
    I wonder about that myself, if i should wear gloves but all my pellets are new and I wash hands after a session.

3. _CY_

_CY_ Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    handling lead pellets is lead exposure there's no getting around it. what I've always done is avoid oxidized lead pellets with a whitish film. usually see that in low grade chinese pellets and antique pellets.

when I was active in airguns, it was routine to buy JSB pellets by the sleeve, when a deal came up of course. still got ten's of thousands of high end pellets tucked away.

I'd be buying and selling airguns .. mostly between established yellow forum members. got cheated a number of times, but never by established members. it was routine to shell out say $1,500+ for an airgun. or about same $$ as firearms. must had gone thru 200+ airguns. had shipments constantly arriving. no FFL on airguns.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2021
  4. sh00ter

sh00ter Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Interesting...

I keep hearing about yellow forum but know nothing of it...can you elaborate?

Also, I read the history of big-bore guns and apparently it was something in the Philippines or somewhere that the gov't banned guns but air guns were exempted so they needed a legal way to hunt larger game.

5. _CY_

_CY_ Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    yellow forum is no longer active ..
    big bore air guns have been around for two hundred+ years.
    the most famous was Lewis and Clark's repeating .51 cal airgun re-discovered by Doc Beeman.
    that big bore airgun carried by Lewis and Clark greatly contributed success of mission.

Robert Beeman website is the most authoritative source for rare airguns. Doc Beeman and his wife was responsible for popularity for high end airguns in America. Beeman R1 was the first airgun to exceed 1,000 fps mark and was designed on a computer.

https://www.beemans.net/Lewis & Clark Airgun.htm
    https://warfarehistorynetwork.com/2016/12/13/lewis-and-clarks-girandoni-air-rifle/

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 23, 2021