Why "Entry Level",,, Why not just "Go for It"?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm beginning to think all my stuff is entry level compared to what some spend.
I know mine is.

Truth to tell, before I would invest to much into something I might not like, then take a huge loss on selling it, I would try e3ntry level and if I liked it, then jump to the best I could afford. Better chance of selling something cheap than a top of the line anyway.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have never bought any golf clubs because I thought golf was for people who don’t hunt. LOL.

I probably just opened a can of worms.
I can kind of tie this into this thread.
In golf, you can buy entry level clubs that will get you through every course in the world. Will your scores improve? Probably very little.
If you bought a set of Ping clubs that are top of the line, the score now rests on the shoulders of the golfer as they can't blame the equipment.

WoodsCraft

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There's a use case for entry level guns and I say this someone who very much likes to buy quality firearms. Lots of folks subscribe to having a training rifle or pistol which is a bit cheaper to wear out . Its something even certain organizations will do to minimize wear on high cost weapons which need to be preserved for missions. Additionally if you're a truck gun sorta person would you rather lose an LMT or DD because your truck was stolen or a PSA ? You're mileage may vary but I would rather lose the PSA food for thought .

Dmc707

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You can buy a nice Christensen Arms rifle with a Swarovski optic and that is not a bad way to spend 5k

Or spend a fraction of that and get a “ American Rifle” or Savage 110, etc and a Loopy VX-3 optic —— and just get out there and start hunting and shooting

If properly zeroed, mounts torqued etc., still a no alibi setup

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m a fairly experienced shooter and gun buyer. However, I am still a value hunter. I want the best I can get, typically middle of the road, at the lowest possible price to purchase. Kind of hard to explain, but I’m sure most of y’all understand.

Also, if I buy a $500 gun and want to sell, I can usually get $400 for it fairly easily. If I buy a $2000 gun, I’m likely to have to sit on it a while and sell it for $1500. So, my total loss on a resell in actual dollars and percentage are larger on the higher end weapon/accessories.

aarondhgraham

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Please don't make the mistake that I'm advocating only for high dollar rifles,,,
I'm a firm believer that one's budget should dictate purchases.

It makes no sense at all to buy a $2,000 rifle,,,
If you're struggling to pay your bills.

If you know you are going to be a recreational tin can plinker,,,
Buy a Ruger 10/22, a Savage A22, or a Rossi RS22,,,
Any of these will fill that bill very nicely.

But if a person knows that they want to shoot teeny-tiny groups,,,
Or compete in any type of precision shooting regimen,,,
It makes no sense (to me) to intentionally go cheap.

Unless, of course, that's all one can afford,,,
Compromises have to be made if you're shooting on a budget.

The one thing that I am very certain about is this,,,
One can't practice precision shooting,,,
With a non-precision rifle.

Aarond

Latest posts

Top Bottom