The Question, Gentlemen (and Gentlewomen), is found in the poll...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

When will you be first hunting deer and turkeys

• Friday morning

Votes: 18 29.0%
  • Friday afternoon/evening

Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Saturday

Votes: 8 12.9%
  • Sunday

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Mid-October (archery)

Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Not until ML Season

Votes: 10 16.1%
  • Not until Rifle season

Votes: 8 12.9%
  • Never; I don't hunt (or hunt anymore)

Votes: 3 4.8%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Just came in from the backyard range - the Hoyt V-Bow is on, but the PSE Tac-10 X-bow with Sightron S2 is DEADLY on!

Loud, but accurate. Gonna aim low at the heart, so if the noise gives me a string jumper (ducker), I should still have a good hit.

Winds out of the N-NE @ 6-10 mph on Thurs night; unknown wind on Friday morning, but presumably still N-NE or better yet, calm.

Low of 54 friday morning; high of 77; about as good of weather as you can hope for this early on in the season.

Moon phase is 3/4 (57% illum.) on Sept 30th.

October 1st:
Astronomical twilight: 6:00 am
Nautical twilight: 6:30 am
Legal shooting hours begin: 6:55 am
Civil twilight: 7:00 am
Sunrise: 7:25 am

:)

sesh

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I usually try to wait it out until right around muzzleloader but I'm really itching now with the temps coming down and knowing what's been hanging around the lease. I haven't decided whether to hit it Friday or not so I'm telling myself I'm sticking to my plan of waiting.

RackStacker30

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Going out all day on Friday. Was supposed to go all weekend, but the wife came up with some OU - Texas tickets for Saturday, so we're headed down there early Saturday morning and coming back after the game. Will be back out in Western OK to hunt Sunday. I've got a fun packed weekend planned!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Going out all day on Friday. Was supposed to go all weekend, but the wife came up with some OU - Texas tickets for Saturday, so we're headed down there early Saturday morning and coming back after the game. Will be back out in Western OK to hunt Sunday. I've got a fun packed weekend planned!

Football and deer hunting.......great weekend!:D

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Friday morning with Hoyt in hand if nothing pops up, Friday evening at the latest. Weather looks great for early season. If I get super lucky and down a doe with the compound early on, I want to take the recurve out some too.

In October and November I hunt every weekend, and every spare morning or evening I can during the week.

Latest posts

Top Bottom