The Question, Gentlemen (and Gentlewomen), is found in the poll...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

When will you be first hunting deer and turkeys

• Friday morning

Votes: 18 29.0%
  • Friday afternoon/evening

Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Saturday

Votes: 8 12.9%
  • Sunday

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Mid-October (archery)

Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Not until ML Season

Votes: 10 16.1%
  • Not until Rifle season

Votes: 8 12.9%
  • Never; I don't hunt (or hunt anymore)

Votes: 3 4.8%

• Total voters

GUN DOG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Youth gun, taking my son out hopefully he will get him a nice buck & a doe for the freezer. I don't get to hunt alot anymore, I leave it up to him & it is alot more fullfilling than havesting my own. He's been lucky enought to pop a doe or 2 a year for the last 4 years not to bad for public & youth draw hunts, this will be his 5th season, started when he was 9. he has the rem mod 7 7-08 zeroed at 200, going out to the gun club fri so he can run some more down range. If you need some does thinned out he can do it later in the season

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hung 3 stands Sun afternoon but have to go hang another one tomorrow night after dark when I get out there. We have a stand that produces every year that we call the "Corner." It was my younger brother's turn to hunt it this year and he can not make the campout/hunt this year due to a death in the family, so I get to hunt the Corner and am giving my stand spots to some of the other guys that didn't get to come out early to set stands. I will be after them early Fri morning. Hopefully my arrows will fly true.

Huckelberry75

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Gonna be out Friday morning shooting the first thing that steps in front of me. This will be the first outing with my new Hoyt, and I have yet to shed blood with it. So it doesn't matter if it is a doe, spike, fawn, or ol smokey ghost mossey horns, someone is getting an arrow if they get in range. Went out last night to put a lift string on my stand and the acorns are raining down underneath the stand. So I am hoping someone other than a stupid pig comes to browse. If I do see a pig, it might just get a field tip to the noggin.

Paul, what Hoyt are you shooting? I am thinking similar thoughts for a doe with the Alphamax on its maiden voyage.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looks like I will make it out sometime this weekend with my Alpine Nitrous N2O. I love this bow. You hear a little noise from the string leaving the release and good solid thump when the arrow hits.

Latest posts

Top Bottom