The Question, Gentlemen (and Gentlewomen), is found in the poll...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

When will you be first hunting deer and turkeys

• Friday morning

Votes: 18 29.0%
  • Friday afternoon/evening

Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Saturday

Votes: 8 12.9%
  • Sunday

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Mid-October (archery)

Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Not until ML Season

Votes: 10 16.1%
  • Not until Rifle season

Votes: 8 12.9%
  • Never; I don't hunt (or hunt anymore)

Votes: 3 4.8%

• Total voters

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Friday morning with Hoyt in hand if nothing pops up, Friday evening at the latest.

Apparently the rest of the world doesn't know an Archery Opener in the upper 40's in Oklahoma is a religious holiday.

Looks like tomorrow afternoon.....or grrrr.....maybe even Saturday morning before I ascend a tree. It's sad because it's piddly stuff, but it requires I be "around".
Normally I don't worry that much about the archery opener as it's hotter than the hinges of hell more often than not. But this freakin' weather...

I'll be standing on my porch tomorrow morning visualizing all the arrows being loosed at deer lungs across the state as the sun comes up. Anybody else do the same thing? My mind is about to check out for a couple months.

Good luck to you guys in the morning. I hope the wind is in your face and your arrows fly true.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Apparently the rest of the world doesn't know an Archery Opener in the upper 40's in Oklahoma is a religious holiday.

My mind is about to check out for a couple months.

Mine has been gone for a week or so now....One of our GW's that do part time security work for us at the plant, came by the other day while I was sitting in a gator outside the door in the cool air, and had to tap me on the shoulder to get my attention...I was in a tree.....big buck....perfect shot.......

My stuff is loaded in the truck. I'll change clothes before leaving the plant, taking off an hour early, and be in the stand by 6.

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hope it doesn't get terribly hot again. All I had on this morning were two long sleeve t-shirts, and I was just a bit chilly! Luckily I lost my way to the stand so I got a good warm up walk. Last time I trust someone else to mark a trail! I'm sure it looked fine in the daylight! Get out there with a flashlight that only goes out 10 ft in front of you and it is a different story...

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I swore I'd get my archery hand up last year when I sat here at the computer reading about you guys who could hunt when I couldn't.
I didn't get it done so I'm sitting out the archery season.
Oh, and you guys that get to hunt when I don't, you are a bunch of yahoos and you suck.

Latest posts

Top Bottom