The Shadow has landed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Awesome. CZ sure does make some sweet guns. I have debated getting a pistol for years. I love my scorpion rifle.
They really do. I have three; two 527 carbines, and a 75B 9mm pistol. I love the carbines, but I have to remember to put a bandaid on the web of my strong hand so the tang does rub it raw. If I do that, it is a lot more fun to shoot it.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know why one would carry a pistol at half cock. With the hammer on half cock and the safety applied, you would have to thumb the hammer back, swipe the safety off, and then pull the trigger to fire the gun (three actions). Hammer fully cocked and safety applied, you swipe the safety off and pull the trigger (only two actions). Hammer down on a loaded chamber and safety "off", you simply pull the trigger all the way thru (only one action). I see no advantage to half cock carry.

Now, "fully uncocked, the safety will not engage". As in, after the trigger has been pulled? Have you tried it this way--rack the slide to cock the hammer, grasp the hammer firmly and pull the trigger, allowing the hammer to go fully forward to its resting point. Can you engage the safety now? Keep in mind that I'm comparing the action of your Shadow to a Jericho 941, which is a CZ-75 copy but which may not operate exactly the same as your pistol.
It's in the safe and I'm in my chair (with the dog). I'll check tomorrow but I don't think you can engage the safety with the hammer fully forward. I think I checked that today and I'm fairly sure that's right.

Latest posts

Top Bottom